2011 New York International Auto Show: Beetle Stories
2.77 min. | 4.8991594
user rating | 49364 views
Volkswagen product specialist Danielle Gumro talks with automotive journalists and VW enthusiasts at the New York International Auto Show about what they think of the car's new iconic shape and high-performance features. Danielle also asks people to share their Beetle stories.
- Love you Danielle. I met her last year in the Chicago Auto Show.
- My first car 20 years ago was a triple white 78 Super, convertible. Ah, what a car. I fell in love. I've had a 68 since then, a little gorgeous daily driver. Also a great car.
I hate to admit it but seeing them on the road anymore is getting to be a rarity. They're such amazing cars, they should live forever!
- Nice. Those are super rare.
- He probably must reread automobile history, cause will not pass the exams... :P
- Did Rick Cotta actually say his first car was an 1864 Beetle???
Automobile history must be rewritten!
- true that! HEY HEY APPLE!! VW!!
- That dude looks like steve jobs.
- Peace and love, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
- PEACE AND LOVE
- one thing to note of... porsche was built based on beetle chasis by its founder because volkswagen shd be a everyday car and was not sports... :)
- porsche~~~ :D
- it's more like your looking to a porche 911 not a beetle..
- NICE Looking forward to se some slammed customers.
Hope interior plastics better than last model.
- Its a porsche beetle
- Yep. New Passats are rolling out of a plant in Chattanooga, TN. 3 engine options and a BUNCH of legroom.
- anybody know if vw still makes passats ?
- Convertible please!
- Bet these take over sick car
- I'd say the decline started in 2005, (or got to be a lot steeper) but I agree - the VW stylists are struggling & not doing very well.
- weak, i want a VR6! am i the only one that thinks vw style has been going downhill since 2002?
- It looks nice, and I certainly would consider buying it - but it is not a Beetle. My first (of 13) VW was a Karmann Ghia, and it reminds me a bit more of that than a Beetle.
- The 2.0T is a turbo-charged in-line four cylinder.