A short video guide to Electronic Music
9.87 min. | 4.522472
user rating | 110940 views
I'm tired of people calling electronic music "techno", so I made this video to show them what techno and other genres like trance, house & hardcore are all about.
This is just a short guide, and I don't claim to be 100% correct in any of these genres. For more better (though even more opinionated ;) guide see "Ishkur's Guide To Electronic Music" @ http://www.di.fm/edmguide/
You can listen Electronic Music for FREE @ http://DI.FM , and it has all kinds of different genres !
Tracklisting is at the end of the video, or alternatively, here:
1.Nico - So Light
2.Loletta Holloway - Stand Up (Peter's Do It Again Mix)
3.Mr President - Coco Jamboo
4.Charly Lownoise and Mental Theo - Speedcity
5.Snoop Doggy Dogg & Dr. Dre - 187 UM
6.Gridlok & Dom & Roland - London's Burning
7.Endymion - Payback
8.The Prophet and Brennan Heart - Payback
9.DJ Sammy & Yanou feat Do - Heaven
10.Cascada - Everytime We Touch
11.Cosmic Gate - Human Beings (Dave 202 & Phil Green Remix)
12.Manmademan - Drama
13.BuRo - Summer Illusions (Acues & Elitist Remix)
14.Sasha - Xpander
15.Dance 2 Trance - We Came In Peace
16.Age Of Love - The Age Of Love
- Who cares? music is music... information about music is information about music...
- thank you for this funny comment
- It still exist the heck are you talking about
- thank you for taking the time to help people understand the differnt genres
- u missed dubstep (my fav genre )...there is also shuffle,industrial,downtempo.
- I really wish i could understand music as you do..
- I don't tend to really delve deeply into the idea of identifying music by genre - I general use terms that lay over a bigger scheme. Electronic would be the only definition for most anything in this video. Genre just doesn't seem to be relevant; I like music for what it is, not for the words you can glue to it as a description.
- Do you have an updated version? I would like to learn what separates category x from category y in electronic music.
- Nope, not that simple I'm afraid. Dub-step was 'ruined' due to the rate of its evolution and popularity. Genres like trance and house have been evolving over many years (over 20) and established a solid for foundation for development, while remaining innovative and keeping integrity. In comparison, dub-step evolved over night and skipped almost a decade of growth to almost immediate popularity. A big impact over a short-term period and it suffered because of this.
- I love you.
- Many people still require this knowledge I guess!
- What is BassHunter then?
- What's worse are little EDM hipster fucks who think noone else is allowed to like what they like.
- hardstyle will always be my fav, trance is second, but great songs were not used in this video.
- Nice Techno songs
- Things that ruined dubstep 1. skrillex fans (not him). 2. Faggot poser gamers on the internet being like ohh yeah I listen to dubstep wub wub.....-_-. I fucking miss the underground dubstep.
- hardstyle :D:D
- I'm actually so cool that I listened to Juno Reactor et al in high-school nearly a decade ago. Psy-trance/goa is still good, I just can't dance to it. Nice pic, by the way. It's so bad.
- Ever heard of Acid or Goa Trance? Check out some Juno Reactor productions, it's quite different level than trance with corny supersaw appreggios.
- 2012: Replace "Techno" with "Dubstep" in most instances
- Thanks for posting this.
- PSY GOAAA ALL THE WAY ;)))
- yeah, i know but its still funny for me...
- Look at the date from when its uploaded...