Alanis Morissette - Ironic
3.98 min. | 4.8927803
user rating | 28534898 views
Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- I must have been 5-7 years old when this came out. I distinctly remember
getting so pissed off because I never had a clue what Ironic meant
- Alanis Morissette... J'ai adoré !!!
+karine gibaux +Océane cohen +Sarah G +sara velazquez +Mélissameél
Goodsofunnya +Luc Jeanmonod +evanescence al...etc...
- This video fit perfectly with this song because this is just the kind of
song that you at the top of your lungs while in the car :P
- Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out...
- Alanis Morissette: One of the few female music artists that didn't have to
give herself a sex appeal to make herself look sexy!
- The funniest thing is that this song is ironic only because nothing she's
talking about is Ironic. Smart fucken woman. LOL
- ironia della sorte...di solito una merda..bella Alanis..
- Alanis Morissette
Toute ma jeunesse, n'est ce pas Alexandre Leprince ? :-p
- To choppy for me..
- I remember learning about Irony in English from this song because it has
either very few or no cases of irony. How ironic? :P x
- Mr. Play it safe was afraid to fly....
It´s like raaaain in your wedding day.
- Though I have a 78 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz, I'd also love to have this
Lincoln Continental Mark V in the Video and drive in comfort and style
which modern cars would never ever come close to
Great song I have been listening since I was child :-)
- canción antigua pero super bonita y realista
- Well, that's life. We'll have to deal with it. ^^
- This video has hurled the whole internet on a battle for the correct
understanding of irony. That's a merit few artists can claim, and for that,
I applaud her :D
- Everyone had greasy stringy hair and looked like they needed anti seizure
meds in the 90's...Glad that's over.
- Is winning the lottery and dying the next day ironic? Or crashing on your
first plane flight? I'd just call it bad luck.
- The only irony in this song is the fact that it's a song about irony, but
contains no irony in it's lyrics lol.
Great song though, I miss 1998.
- I do love this song, but I can't help but think of Ed Byrne every time I
- Catchy song that's pleasant to listen to if you don't pay attention to the
lyrics. Most aren't actually cases of irony but just bad luck which is
- I found a parody of this song, that I would like to share.
An old man turned ninety-eight. He won the lottery and died the next day...
of chronic emphysema from inhalation of the latex particles scratched off
decades' worth of lottery tickets.
A black fly in your Chardonnay... poured to celebrate the successful
fumigation of your recently purchased vineyard in southern France.
A death row pardon two minutes too late... because the governor was too
busy watching Dead Man Walking to grant clemency any earlier.
Rain on your wedding day... to Ra, the Egyptian sun-god.
A free ride when you've already paid... all of your money to the
good-natured cab driver when you mistook him for a mugger.
The good advice that you just didn't take... after reading Norman Vincent
Peale's The Power of Positive Thinking and resolving that the key to
success is making your own decisions.
Mr. Play-it-Safe was afraid to fly. He packed his suitcase and kissed his
kids goodbye. He waited his whole damn life to take that flight. And as the
plane crashed down, he thought, Well isn't this nice... now I'll never make
it to the National Association of Aviophobics conference in Reno, NV.
A traffic jam when you're already late... to receive an award from the
Municipal Planning Board for reducing the city's automobile congestion 80
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break... at the R.J. Reynolds Tobacco
corporate offices in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife... with which to kill your
spouse for sleeping with the young soup chef who works at the Au Bon Pain.
Meeting the man of my dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife... who
happens to be the psychiatrist I recently hired in hopes of improving my
luck with the opposite sex.
- and its not ironic?
- lolz this is sooooooo 90's
- I always enjoy car interiors. I like to remember some of those awesome
chats that can happen on road trips or just long drives when the car is
your only room for a while. Anyways, I noticed 90s music videos tended to
work that setting a lot, even modding it into a padded version for that
"crazy" side Alanis always likes to reference in her videos. I also
noticed that she likes to move her skull and jaw on almost every syllable
while lip-syncing. And this starts to resemble a little kid chewing gum
and talking at the same time.
- Good song I like it..... True to.