Alison Krauss / Shawn Colvin / Jerry Douglas - The Boxer
5.97 min. | 4.9477854
user rating | 543543 views
- As beautiful as Alison and Shawn's singing is this performance is owned by the
incredible Mr. Douglas.
- I wish the song was on iTunes ;(
- Love this.. hope to meet ya'll soon.
- Poder ouvir uma obra de arte como essa é um privilegio, temos que sempre agradecer.
- Alison and Shawn do Paul Simon's the Boxer proud.
- Such an amazing song.
- Alison is the ultimate songbird. I grew up and still am a Blueser. The sweet sounds of Albert Kings guitar, BB King, Bobby Blue Bland and so many others. I love the sound of a fine guitar no matter what genre. American music is the most soulful experience. I get goose bumps whether I'm listening to Union Station, or Stevie Ray Vaughan. I love Alison Krauss.
- saw akus at the beacon theater in nyc.....must share that I have been to over 1000 shows in my life, and have never gotten chills from a vocalist...she left everyone in the room drop jawed silent...you could hear a pin drop between songs as she approached the mike....she is a master...band pretty darn good to
- I never get tired of this song. Just the magnetics of the voices.
- looking at and listening to her at the same time is overwhelming.
- Still remains to be a legacy of lyrics.
- When I was about 16 yrs old, I heard Alison play at a bluegrass festival (I'm 44 now). She wasn't famous yet but her voice was unlike anything I'd ever heard. She was so friendly backstage. I took a picture of her and my girlfriend together. The girlfriend later became my wife and we have a daughter named Alison.
- Everyone on that stage contributed beautifully.
- A very nice version of the oldie by Simon and Art. I have always liked the Emmylou harris version better than the original, but now here is a new contender! Great sound. from the inimitable Ms Krauss and very complimentary to the whole thing, Ms Colvin. Great take. Really enjoyed this Thanks for the posting. The sound quality is great.The musicians shine.
- Awesome. Great vocal harmonies. Alison is one the best ever. Beautiful voice, beautiful woman. And Jerry Douglas is just one of the best musicians on the planet.
- "Thanks to music, the passions enjoy themselves." - Friedrich Nietzsche
- Shawn Colvin also sang backup on Suzanne Vega's song "Luka" back in the day. Just a little trivia. Love this cover. Shawn's guitar looks almost exactly like mine. : )
- Thanks grand paw !
- Wow, they sound absolutely great together!
- Now THIS is music
- Hey Pagan George, There is a custom in traditional Celtic music of men singing a woman's story in the first person, and vice versa. It was adopted by American folk music too, a long time ago. This song by Paul Simon is in that folk tradition (I think of it as an American folk song). There's nothing strange about two people who happen to be women singing this. Think of them as singing storytellers, and great ones at that. This performance is pure art.
- Well spoken!
- Great songs and great musicians make great music. I feel good just listening.
- A soulful performance of top musicians. The co-work of the ensemble is splendid.