Bob Dylan and Co. 'Folk songs...' (part 1 of 6)
2.48 min. | 4.609195
user rating | 265588 views
Westinghouse TV Studios, Folk Songs And More Folk Songs Westinghouse TV Stations New York City, New York
01. Rock Island Line [2:34]
02. Blowin' In The Wind [3:20] (a)
03. Blowin In The Wind (instrumental background) [0:27]
04. Ox-Driving Song [2:44]
05. Tenderfoot [3:19]
06. (illustration music) [0:56]
07. I Can't Go There No More [3:10]
08. Payday At Coal Creek [2:57]
09. Man Of Constant Sorrow [3:19] (a)
10. Wish I Was In Bowling Green [2:24]
11. The Famine Song (Praties They Grow Small) [3:56]
12. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out [2:48]
13. Backwater Blues [4:08]
14. Pastures Of Plenty [2:40]
15. Ballad Of Hollis Brown [5:20] (a)
16. Great Day [3:12]
17. Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream [2:31]
18. This Land Is Your Land [3:16]
(a) Only these include Bob Dylan accompanied by Banjo and Double Bass from The Brothers Four.
#1,3,4,6,10,14,18: The Brothers Four
#5,12,13: Barbara Dane
#7,16: The Stapes Singers
#8,11,17: Carolyn Hester
- anyone know where i can find the version of rock island line they use in this video?
- Great stuff! Some fast guitar style folk can be found here; jareddocestes.bandcamp.com - Peace & Positivity - Jared
- 'Folk Songs and More Folk Songs' with the 'Brothers Four'....lol how imaginative they were!
- Dylan gives a look like, "this is a bit cheesy, but I'm sure you'll forgive me when I sing my song."
- ahh dylan is only a little sprat there
- Nightime6 and specialgary78, you are of another generation. Take your rap and shove off.
- yeah im three years late, but you are still 3 years stupid so i thought it should be said, folk is crappy music you think? obviously your an idiot, because folk is what got dylan famous, and no he didnt leave it because he thought it was lame, he left it because tho he loved it he really wanted to get a band going. DUMBASS.
- bob dylan or zimmermann made a comment recently, that folk music is for fat people.
now is that a knock on Bourke or what..you were just doing it, because every one was doing it. i have to laugh.
1000s of years history of folk music.. overcome by a stupid rock n roll hall of fame..we at the folk hall sing -the the bob dylan poem: by andrew pullman..
- that's not quite true, maybe the protest songs, like emmet till and all that kind of ballads, but dylan truly enjoyed follk music, what about woody gutrhie ? of course he knew that if he wanted to achieved success he would have to start as a folk singer, but as any kind of roots, he loves folk, as he loves country or even bluegrass, that doesn't mean that he has to do that forever
- he also put down someone who I looked up to through my whole childhood in his book you might know Ronnie Gilbert ( of the weavers) he tried to say she told the crowd at newport one night to take him we dont want him" Now that's not at all what she said at all if you watch the video she clearly gives a nice introduction.
I also read that He told Joan baez that the only reason he wrote hard rain was because he thought it would sell.he turned and screwed over a lot of peoplewhohelhi
- You do realize that Dylan trashed the folk scene and the counter culture movement in his book? Folk was popular when Bob started out, and he wrote and performed what he had to in order to get a record deal. He knew from day one, that he was going to go electric. Bob referred to folk music as,"a bunch of fat people". Bob had more in common with the Beatles than he did with any folk artist. He despises most of the songs he wrote in the 60s.
- really sweet video! just wondering, elpoo, do you know if this is available on DVD or is this an old recording from a TV special...(i see the track listing in your description)? thanks!
- hahaha i started cracking up when dylan walked by.
- Haha Dylan me fait mourir de rire x)
Génial ce programme, j'aimerais bien le trouver en dvd pour le regarder encore et encore!
Longue vie à la "Folk Music" :)
- added to my YT favorites and my facebook...
- Where's parts 2-5?
- Fine Song!
Thanks for posting!
Aloha from Hawaii!
- Bob Dylan's such a knob jockey!
- Bob Dylan's a knob jockey!
- He's just so damn cool.
- I think bob was too talented and raw for a show like this
- haha dylan looks the coolest :D
- bob dylan is sooooooooo cute in this commercial !!!!!!!
- he can write..Ill take a good writer that sings ok over a great singer that writes shit anyday