Bon Iver - Calgary
4.18 min. | 4.9105883
user rating | 375114 views
All music copyright to Bon Iver 2011
Check out my music on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Holmes/204379129649478?sk=app_178091127385
Don't you cherish me to sleep
Never keep your eyelids clipped
Hold me for the pops and clicks
I was only for the father's crib
Hair, old, long along
Your neck onto your shoulder blades
Always keep that message taped
Cross your breasts you won't erase
I was only for your very space
Hip, under nothing
Propped up by your other one, face 'way from the sun
Just have to keep a dialogue
Teach our bodies: haunt the cause
I was only trying to spell a loss
Joy, it's all founded
Pincher with the skin inside
You pinned me with your black sphere eyes
You know that all the rope's untied
I was only for to die beside
So itʼs storming on the lake
Little waves our bodies break
There's a fire going out,
But there's really nothing to the south
Swollen orange and light let through
Your one piece swimmer stuck to you
Sold, I'm Ever
Open ears and open eyes
Wake up to your starboard bride
Who goes in and then stays inside
Oh the demons come, they can subside
- getting goosebumps from this songg. :)
- Born and raised in Calgary and in love with this song :)
- I heard this song a few months after it came out, and it instantly evoked a feeling of lovesickness and longing, a sort of nostalgia for something that hasn't happened yet. Two years later I find out that that's exactly what the song was meant to do. Brilliant.
- Bon Iver has something inside his music that makes everything he plays and writes and sings so beautiful that it hurts, it explodes, it drips with emotion, it kills. so does my music--if you love good music, please come check out my channel. originals (best) and covers.
- i used to not like this song but now i think it's one of the most beautiful songs ever created lol
- I had a lot of stuff to do today, but I listened to Holocene this morning and I've been in a Bon Iver haze ever since. I just discovered this music the other day and I keep finding sttuff that blows me away. I feel like I'm floating, close to sleep at 6pm on a dull thursday evening in grey Northern Ireland. I've stumbled into Narnia <3
- everything about this is perfect, sunday morning, half asleep and paradise.
- i love this song........just so much.
- ......................... <3
- Hey Bon Iver fans, i did a cover of "Flume" and i need feedback so any constructive criticism is welcome...thanks!!
- This song makes me feel really happy and slightly melancholy....especially when im drunk! Like thinking of good times with my ex but always knowing we broke up....and she is still a slut
- I saw him once.. it was pure emotion, what he showed. I can't wait to see him again!
- Thumbs Up!
- Please have a listen to Tom Moon New View or check out his new 'By The By' EP (The Making Of) awesome upcoming new artist! Please follow :) xxx
- Your music is the music that belongs to you.
You're is a contraction of you and are, meaning you are.
- 1. pause at 0:00
2. go to google and search up rainy mood
3. click on first link
- He definitely says 'I was only trying to smell your gloves'. I have been there. Many times. That is honesty man
- fantastic song ..perfect voice !!!
- I love Bon Iver I do, so don't get mad, but does anyone know what Justin is singing about? Like ever?
- ...Bon Iver is a genius. That sort of emotion is what the song makes me feel, and as it turns out, that really was the point of the song. Boom.
- This song makes me feel like i am running into rain.
- I love this album! I'd really love it if folks would vote up my remix I did of Beth/Rest over at Indaba Music. The link is on my channel - Much love and respect.
- The music to "Perth" remind me of Calgary, Alberta, Canada and the lyrics to "Calgary" make me think of Perth, Austrailia