- The power of beards
- Learning to live with the melancholy has been a long journey for me, and
one that led me to finding a lot of fantastic in what many consider to be
After days, weeks, months, of laying in the dark, I kept having to break
down a number of beliefs and structures I'd been raised to believe as
truths, and that were found empty and unable to provide solace. At least to
Perhaps I became more ok with not knowing everything, even though I wanted
to. My world grew to allow that somethings can seem paradoxical to my eyes,
and perhaps only have a better understanding in ways I've not yet learned.
That in sorrow, I could find a way to joy.
That in defeat and brokenness I could find some peace.
That in my individual story of my humanity, I found humanity's shared story
of awkward discovery and stumbling forward.
So I survived and I learned, and I look for the hints of beauty at the
corners and intersections of odd things.
I find joy in a breath drawn, that doesn't have to, and a moment to listen
to music or laughter or honking of horns.
It is hard when our childhood dreams die, when our illusions and constructs
fall apart, when we see behind the curtain. When we commence that
transition from 'fantasy' to 'fact', or at least our perceptions of them.
And then there.. sneaking and peeking around the corners again, the dreams
and the beauty twinkle and call us out. Not that we reject fact and launch
out into fantasy, or that we build walls against the fantastic and bury
ourselves in the fact, but perhaps that we might find a way to walk in the
ungainly balance of fantastic facts.
Of a world that has dreams and reality.
Perhaps this too will fade for me one day, to be replaced by something
different. But for now it is where I am, and I will continue to try to walk
and learn, listen and share, seek and discover, and be thankful for these
extra breaths, these friends I have found, and the fantastic facts that
It is enough.
And I'm going to go have some cereal.
I'm thankful for cereal today.
- at 5:10 he misses a note, he is human after all!! awesome song.
- Beautiful rendition. Why would this make anyone sad, cry, depressed or
- I hear the angels calling.....such a talented soul. I'll be honest
man....I'm man enough to admit that this song makes me cry sometimes.....
- Aint nothing wrong with sorrow, but you gotta make room for something
else... Thin line between heaven and here
- Holy shit... That's an amazing song! I'm impressed!
- bon iver is the most beautiful person. literally, his voice is so unique
and beautiful. <3
- Well this isn't Bon Iver, but it is amazing
- Love! One of my fave artists!
- how can someone give this a thumbs down like wtf this is so amazing
- Not one for love ballets but i could listen to this all day!
- real music from the heart
- wonder - full <3
- TRUELY BEAUTIFUL....LOVE IT! GO BON GO.....
- So very heartfelt. I feel as if I'll never have anyone to love me, and
this speaks to that in a real way. Beautiful.
- I can not stop listen! This song is wonderful. <3
- Beautiful rendition.
- Ahhhhhh. I can't believe I just tracked on this piano :)
- Oh My God! This is awesome! Love it so much! Kisses from Brazil.
- Jason...just you.
- I dont know if I'm in love with "you" anymore, but this made me think
- had this on repeat for days now...