Classical Music 101: Wedding Favorites
9.20 min. | 4.7978196
user rating | 878212 views
Thirty-second music clips of the 16 most popular classical music selections used in wedding ceremonies.
(20-30 minutes required)
Played prior to the ceremony, while guests are arriving.
1. Air from Suite for Orchestra No. 3 (Air on the G-String) J. S. Bach
2. Sheep May Safely Graze- J. S. Bach
3. Arioso J. S. Bach
4. Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
5. Ave Maria Franz Schubert
6. Für Elise Beethoven
Seating Mothers and Grandmothers
Played while seating mothers and grandmothers.
1. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring J. S. Bach
2. Air from Water Music - George Frederic Handel
Played while bridesmaids proceed down the aisle.
1. Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
Played while the bride walks down the aisle.
1. Bridal Chorus (commonly known as Here Comes The Bride) from "Lohengrin (1858) by Richard Wagner.
2. The Prince of Denmark's March (Trumpet Voluntary) - Jeremiah Clarke
3. Trumpet Tune in D Purcell-Clarke
Might be played during the service, such as during the lighting of a unity candle.
1. Sheep May Safely Graze- J. S. Bach
Bride and Groom Recessional
Played as the newlyweds exit down the aisle.
1. Wedding March from A Midsummer's Night Dream - Felix Mendelssohn
2. Rondeau - Jean Joseph Mouret
3. Hornpipe from Water Music - George Frederic Handel
Played as guests exit the church.
1. The Four Seasons Spring, Allegro AntonioVivaldi
2. Hornpipe from Water Music - George Frederic Handel
- :) ill be walking down the isle to Air by Bach.
- Love it will use Bach :)
- love it
- That was great .Very informative!
- Pachelbel's Canon in D is the best.
- This is just what I needed. Thanks
- Thanks sooo much... have not been to alot of weddings so I this will stir my imagination
- No matter wat! Canon in D is going to be playing on my wedding day!
- I always thought the viola concerto in G by Telemann had a very wedding feel to it.
Also, Bach's cantata for weddings (BWV 202) wouldn't be a bad choice.
- This was VERY useful for me. I love how you put which songs to use for each part of a wedding ceremony. I am now finished with my ceremony music for the wedding and I am confident with my picks. Thanks so much for this useful video!!!
- This was VERY useful for me. I love how you put what songs go well with each part of the wedding ceremony. I am finished planning the ceremony music and I now feel very confident due to this post. Thanks so much!!!
- wonder what music William and Kate will pick Trumpet Vollentry was Dianas choice
- I got married outside so the music was kept to a minimum. Luckily the church had a fabulous organ and organist as we couldn't get the full dramatic effect of this music outdoors.
- very helpful thankyou
- Thanks for this, you've just helped me with the music for my wedding :)
- That was just a perfect set of songs! :D
- Thank you!!! great help!!
- Thank you so much for putting this together, it has been so helpfull. Kisses.......
- I always think of "Sheep May Safely Graze" as a Christmas song.
Handel's Hornpipe from Water Music and Vivaldi's Spring from Four Seasons are great for weddings, as is Bach's Air on a G String.
- Thank you its sooooooooooo helpful
- This was really really helpful! Thank you!
- very very helpful thankyou
- Why do the bridesmaids get the best music???
- This has really helped thanks alot for putting this out to people, also love your version of Pachelbel's Canon in D amazing sound better then the usual version - thanks