Classical Music 101: Wedding Favorites
9.20 min. | 4.6763005
user rating | 1422556 views
Thirty-second music clips of the 16 most popular classical music selections used in wedding ceremonies.
(20-30 minutes required)
Played prior to the ceremony, while guests are arriving.
1. Air from Suite for Orchestra No. 3 (Air on the G-String) J. S. Bach
2. Sheep May Safely Graze- J. S. Bach
3. Arioso J. S. Bach
4. Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
5. Ave Maria Franz Schubert
6. Für Elise Beethoven
Seating Mothers and Grandmothers
Played while seating mothers and grandmothers.
1. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring J. S. Bach
2. Air from Water Music - George Frederic Handel
Played while bridesmaids proceed down the aisle.
1. Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel
Played while the bride walks down the aisle.
1. Bridal Chorus (commonly known as Here Comes The Bride) from "Lohengrin (1858) by Richard Wagner.
2. The Prince of Denmark's March (Trumpet Voluntary) - Jeremiah Clarke
3. Trumpet Tune in D Purcell-Clarke
Might be played during the service, such as during the lighting of a unity candle.
1. Sheep May Safely Graze- J. S. Bach
Bride and Groom Recessional
Played as the newlyweds exit down the aisle.
1. Wedding March from A Midsummer's Night Dream - Felix Mendelssohn
2. Rondeau - Jean Joseph Mouret
3. Hornpipe from Water Music - George Frederic Handel
Played as guests exit the church.
1. The Four Seasons Spring, Allegro AntonioVivaldi
2. Hornpipe from Water Music - George Frederic Handel
- loved it! thanks!
- thank u so much!! this helped me so much preparing for my friend's
- I got married outside so the music was kept to a minimum. Luckily the
church had a fabulous organ and organist as we couldn't get the full
dramatic effect of this music outdoors.
- This was really really helpful! Thank you!
- Beautiful selection of music! But, it makes me glad I eloped when I read
"music to play while seating Mothers and Grandmothers" - wow, that's
specific! I chose my favorite pieces for my wedding: Processional: Jesu,
Joy of Man's Desiring (Bach) During the signing: Ave Maria (Schubert)
Recessional: Ode to Joy (Beethoven)
- No matter wat! Canon in D is going to be playing on my wedding day!
- love it
- Thanks for this, you've just helped me with the music for my wedding :)
- That was just a perfect set of songs! :D
- Love it will use Bach :)
- Thanks for sharing.... great help for "music dummies" in planning perfect
- wonder what music William and Kate will pick Trumpet Vollentry was Dianas
- Thank you so much! I have been searching all over youtube for songs for my
wedding, and they all start sounding the same after a while. Having the
song names and what part of the wedding they're good for is really helpful!
- Why do the bridesmaids get the best music???
- Thank you so much for putting this together, it has been so helpfull.
- this gives me goosebumps... i love all types of music. but nothing beats
classical. hats up to the legacies of these geniuses!!!
- J. S. BACH!!!
- Im a beginner organist :-)
- very helpful, thanks!!
- Pachelbel's Canon in D is the best.
- :) ill be walking down the isle to Air by Bach.
- I always think of "Sheep May Safely Graze" as a Christmas song. Handel's
Hornpipe from Water Music and Vivaldi's Spring from Four Seasons are great
for weddings, as is Bach's Air on a G String.
- im 14 n i like these type of music not getting married soon though lol XD
- Thank you! I was looking for what the Recessional was and NONE of my
friends or family could remember it was from "Mid Summer Night's Dream!