Drag Race! 2012 Nissan GT-R vs 2011 Chevy Corvette Z06 vs 2011 Shelby GT500
4.35 min. | 4.7495394
user rating | 2265160 views
We pit the three five-figure phenoms - the 2012 Nissan GT-R, 2011 Chevy Corvette Z06 and 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 - against each other at the drag strip.
Read the full story here: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1104_2011_chevrolet_corvette_2011_ford_shelby_gt500_2012_nissan_gtr_comparison/index.html
Shot by: Mike Suggett, Jim Gleason & Duane Sempson
Edited by: Duane Sempson
- I love most sporty cars, for some reason or another, no matter where they
are from. but when it comes to performance to price , the GTR is the best
purchase IMO. And AWD can be driven anywhere anytime. You dont see many
mustangs or vettes out during the winter, or even when its raining for that
matter! bad engineering. you get what you pay for! =D
- Just look at them in comparison at the line.. The Mustang looks so big and
out of place compared especially to the vetted which is smaller, lower,
Vette and get closer to a super car proportions
- and plus the Shelby has a harder to shift gear box
- SHITTTY ASS MUSTANGS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- american cars sux, as always. sorry fat guys.
- Mustang sound so nice, I don't care if it's slower
- If the GTR was the fastest car in the world and beat everything else (IRL,
that's not unrealistic lol) people would still find numerous reasons to
hate it and defend their favorite loser car. It always happens every time a
GTR races something. Why is it that hard to just accept that Nissan put a
lot of effort into the GTR and made an engineering marvel?
I understand, we all have our favorite cars. The mustang and corvette
aren't bad cars, and I also like them along with the GTR. However, making
lame excuses like "The mustang is still is cooler" isn't helping your
argument and just makes you sound ignorant.
Oh, and by the way for my fellow Americans, just because a car is
domestically made does NOT make you patriotic or a better person because
you drive/love it. Imports aren't evil, and I have personally seen
astonishingly better quality out of them.
- Id still take the Z06 or the GT500 over the GTR anyday. Takes more skill to
drive the Z06 and GT500, and its more fun.
- Wow you guys are the most ignorant fools thinking that American cars suck
and imports are the fastest cars in the world well guess what your
wrong...... American coupe pony cars such as camaros mustangs and
challengers may be heavy but do have aerodynamics and are faster than a
Honda civic, evo, or any other car.... Way faster yeah sure the gtr is fast
but that's because it's awd and without it it would be slow maybe reach
0-60 in 4 seconds or less and just to finish it all the very fast Hennessey
venom gt is an American car and is the second fastest car now...... I do
not see an import topping 271 mph MURICA!!!!! (BTW feel free to correct me
because I do not know that much of cars but know something)
- Only reason that mustang lost was because it has shit traction!
- Love the ignorant hicks on this page. Stop arguing semantics and just deal
with the fact you lost.
- I feel bad for american cars guess I gotta stick with imports
- Only if z06 could come in AWD
- The gtr is awesome because its a v6 with more power than almost all the v8s
- You get what you pay for. Except with a camaro you pay a lot for not so
- Gtr's eat mustangs for breakfast.
- Well there you go muttstain fans..youre in last place xD
- all 3 great cars!!
- "FORD" Forfeit On Race Day.
- GTR is truly an amazing machine.
- LOL 50K For a Mustang.
- The showbe. lol
- Rocket Japanese Nissan GTR
- Lol, GTR needs AWD and twin turbos to just barely beat an old ass pushrod
v8..silly Imports, the only way to make your shitboxes fast is to put an
LSX in them