Drag Race! 2012 Nissan GT-R vs 2011 Chevy Corvette Z06 vs 2011 Shelby GT500
4.35 min. | 4.7460885
user rating | 2315364 views
We pit the three five-figure phenoms - the 2012 Nissan GT-R, 2011 Chevy Corvette Z06 and 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 - against each other at the drag strip.
Read the full story here: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1104_2011_chevrolet_corvette_2011_ford_shelby_gt500_2012_nissan_gtr_comparison/index.html
Shot by: Mike Suggett, Jim Gleason & Duane Sempson
Edited by: Duane Sempson
- Look up the handling stats
- You must of got one that was not maintained well and then that could happen
to ANY car. 370z is more reliable than both of those pos cars. the 370z is
a real SPORTS car.
- The only fact that has been proven here is that you are a troll. Simply
put, YOU SUCK. There's no way a 370Z can compare to either a GT Mustang or
the SS Camaro. Both Ford and GM have gotten it right, both are fantastic at
what they do while Nissan sits in the rear eating their dust. Now if Nissan
were to stuff their 5.7 V8 truck engine in their Z, then I'd pay it some
attention, but not before.
- Troll? Ok little boy. Grow up just a little bit. Name calling does not
shield your tremendous ignorance.
- Talk about a biased opinion based on no facts. No videos, no evidence, all
rhetoric describes you perfectly.
- Look at that lack of wheelspin holy shiz Also, American Cars..............
- Nope its all facts.
- I'd argue that the Camaro has become more of a sports car than a muscle
car. Lets be honest though, the 332 horsepower 370z with the sport package
costs more than a 420 horsepower Mustang GT, which comes standard with
Pirelli Pzero Neros. They both get 26 mpg as well. 370z isn't really that
great of a deal IMHO, the car seems to be too much about looks and style.
Also...$1850 for a Nismo cat-back? Seriously? That's $350 more than a Borla
ATAK Cat-back, which will outflow a straight pipe, lol.
- the mustang is 1000lbs heavier than the other two cars.
- The stock V6 that GM has makes 323hp and Fords V6 makes 305hp. Yet both do
just fine against the 370Zs 332hp V6. 2013 370Z 1/4 13.3 3272lb car (not
bad for a light weight) 2013 V6 Camaro 1/4 14.2 3780lb car 2013 V6 Mustang
1/4 14.0 3501lb car
- LMAO. gtr barely beats an outdated corvette. lmao. go chevrolet.
- No the Mustang was the V8 version - just got kicked
- Well, nurburgringlaptimes com/lap-times/lap-times-top-100/ has an updated
list with the 2013 GTR on it, so I must respect that. Updated list shows
as: 3. Porsche 918 Spyder 6:57.00 6. Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package 7:14.64
9. Porsche 911 GT2 RS 7:18.00 Onboard N/A '10 10. Nissan GT-R 7:19.10 STILL
NO ONBOARD VIDEO 2013 11. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 7:19.63 Watch Onboard '12
12. Dodge Viper ACR 7:22.1 Watch Onboard '09 13. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z07
Package 7:22.68 Watch Onboard '11
- oh finding some noob driver in a 370z with a bad start counts as evidence?
nice try troll you FAIL
- 370z vs 2013 Mustang 5.0 watch?v=3nwbdd3LLCE In zero degree weather maybe.
You are wrong and have no proof at all once again. They do not. They are a
13 second car.
- GTR is just in another league than all the domestics it makes them useless.
- Base model cars Vs a fully loaded 370Z?? Your comparison had FAIL all over
it before it started. Always match fully loaded Vs fully loaded. Now put
the fully loaded SS and GT against the 370Z and the outcome is completely
different. 2013 370Z 1/4 13.3 2013 SS Camaro 1/4 12.7 O_o 2013 GT Mustang
1/4 12.7 o_O
- 370Z can't stay in the same area code as the GT. Your lack of understanding
is pathetic. Funny how the comparison stopped in 2010 except in price.
- LOL! It ran even with the M3. The Boss 302 killed it, but they can't
handle. You can't handle the truth. lol
- I can't imagine you being older than 16 spewing such baseless nonsense. If
you are older then there were alot of years prior that were wasted. Wait
until the C7 ZO6 & ZR1 and then we will revisit this conversation.
- Gtr got good torque. Also
- imports>domestics retard.
- Not fear
- What do you not understand? The 370Z cannot compete against the GT, period
especially in bang for the buck. The real world is not riddled with cones.
- They didnt have that vett back in 2011, They had the 850 shelby in 2011. So
you cant test a car that wasn't around.