Drag Race! 2012 Nissan GT-R vs 2011 Chevy Corvette Z06 vs 2011 Shelby GT500
4.35 min. | 4.761583
user rating | 2190122 views
We pit the three five-figure phenoms - the 2012 Nissan GT-R, 2011 Chevy Corvette Z06 and 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 - against each other at the drag strip.
Read the full story here: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1104_2011_chevrolet_corvette_2011_ford_shelby_gt500_2012_nissan_gtr_comparison/index.html
Shot by: Mike Suggett, Jim Gleason & Duane Sempson
Edited by: Duane Sempson
- Some times you dont need muscles to win. There is another body part which
we called a brain. Gtr engineers used that body part to built the car.
- I'm eager to see the z06 and the Zr1 for this year. The stingray puts up
RIDICULOUS numbers at just $60k
- Z06 IS THE BEST
- *I'm sharing this drag racing video begrudgingly...*
They are pitting the "5-figure Phenoms" against each other, the Shelby
Mustang, the Corvette Z06, and the Nissan GTR Skyline redesigned. I would
be lying if I said I wasn't impressed by the Skyline, but Muscle beats
Import everytime in real life. If not, the driver doesn't know what they
- Zo6 4 ever
- i love GT500
- No doubt GTR is the best! It was even tuned. I would like to see the race
if it was tuned with AMS Alpha 12 at least!
- Um they needed the 2012 GTA00 which would have been 662HP and not 550HP
like this ineffective had
- I don't know about you but I'd rather see Mustang fans than GT-R trolls in
here any day of the week.
- KID? Like the name says, nice try. Dumb Rustang fannboy.
- Calm down kid. Take you ADD pills.
- A GT-R was Smoked by a Dodge RAM Cummins
- are you serious? Then what the fuck is this then? watch?v=UmsswJsNG24 Do
more research BEFORE you open your mouth next time moron.
- They didnt have that vett back in 2011, They had the 850 shelby in 2011. So
you cant test a car that wasn't around.
- Yeah just as different as if they tested the lingenfelter ZR1. Vette will
STILL kill the mustang. ALWAYS has ALWAYS WILL. Get over it.
- bullshit the gt500 goes 11.60's @126 with major traction issues? It just
ran 12.4 @ 115 with alittle bit of traction issues. Major traction issues
the car will be mid 13's. Typical fanboy. Nothing but lies.
- lol.... yeah... GT-R acceleration is ridiculous. This went exactly like I
thought when I saw the title of the vid
- Not fear
- i love GT...Nissan Skyline <3
- Look at that lack of wheelspin holy shiz Also, American Cars..............
- I'd argue that the Camaro has become more of a sports car than a muscle
car. Lets be honest though, the 332 horsepower 370z with the sport package
costs more than a 420 horsepower Mustang GT, which comes standard with
Pirelli Pzero Neros. They both get 26 mpg as well. 370z isn't really that
great of a deal IMHO, the car seems to be too much about looks and style.
Also...$1850 for a Nismo cat-back? Seriously? That's $350 more than a Borla
ATAK Cat-back, which will outflow a straight pipe, lol.
- The 2013-2014 supersnakes have a Kenne Bell twin screw supercharger and
puts down 750 horsepower at the wheels, which is right around 850 at the
flywheel. Power like that is good for 135-145 mph in the quarter mile,
capable of low 10's and possibly 9's, but all of these numbers depend on
curb weight and traction. And stock 2013-2014 GT500's trap faster than C6
Z06's in the quarter mile, as you just saw here, Z06 traps 123 mph in 11.8
seconds, GT500 goes 11.6's at 126 with major traction issues
- what 850hp mustang...the super snake that only puts out around 645
horspower and it still loses to the z06
- I'm sorry but if they tested the 850hp mustang everything would be
- No the Mustang was the V8 version - just got kicked