Gordons - Adults and Children
2.38 min. | 4.974684
user rating | 27791 views
Classic Video from New Zealand band The Gordons. They are still creating and playing music in New York as Bailter Space - you can see more of their videos at http://www.myspace.com/bailterspace
Note - this is from official Flying Nun DVD - buy a copy from http://www.smokecds.com/cd/35074
- I only saw them when they became Bailter Space. LOUD. But my elder brother saw them and gave his opinion. "A great band to hear at the Carlton - when they play at the Gladstone". The old Gladstone/ became the Durham Arms/ became carpark (thanx earthquake) is 700 metres from the Carlton/ now carpark (thanx earthquake). I guess he was just saying that The Gordons were very loud.
- Great song from a great NZ Band !
- Bailter Space uhh this is the gord
- I gotta agree with Claybomb, saw them in Dunedin but best time was at Warners Christchurch, an amazing wall of sound totally blew me away.
- Yeah!!High Energy!!!Probably more high energy than the sex pistols.
- cheers mate :)
- Ahem. "Adults and Children/Over 12/Take your tablets/Every four hours/Read the schedule/See the plan/Read the schedule/And use the bathroom/You're sweet friends now/That's what you are/You're kitsets now/I know I know." Sorry it took so long to get back, hope they're still useful.
- Brent rocks with or without hair. I married him because the only word he says is "drums." -wife of Brent, Lizzy
- hehehe. thanks for that :) was interesting
- As far as I know. I read about it, somewhere, that they came up with the words off the side of some type of medicine. I don't think it was actually Tylenol (though it could have been), but you'd get the general gist, anyway.
I guess it's one of those, "music is everywhere" kind of things.
- are you serious? is that what the lyrics are?
- If you want the lyrics, why don't you just read the side of a box of Tylenol?
- does anyone have the lyrics to this? would be cool to cover
- @crawburger - Very cool - I must have seen this video 10 times when I was a teenager
- They used to make their own instruments! Was chatting to John Halverson the bassist and he confirmed this! He laughed when I said ''youse were like the Bo Diddley's of Ashburton then''
- Totally awesome
- Great - what sort of guitar is he playing? The neck looks to be 1.5 mtrs long !
- mind you, the drummer looks like their dad, a classic example of "if you cant beat them, join em"!
- holy shit
- lucky man
- So cool..
- Awesome bass guitar sound.
- Heard them at the Hillsborough,ChCh, 1984, nearly deafened me....