Guide - Piya Tose Naina Laage Re
8.97 min. | 4.8448567
user rating | 488018 views
The evolution of Rosie to a Star!
- Tabu, Deepika Padukone, and Vidya Balan
- I can't believe that this song is made in 1965.....it is simply awesome.....:)
- lovely composition of SD Burman ,sung beautifully by lataji
- Quite true and yes, it may seem like kindergarten stuff. But you ought to hand it to Waheeda Rahman for making even that oh so elegant and graceful that you don't mind watching this than the royally disgusting belly movements of Kareena in that blasted Fevicol song!
- lata ...100% magic!
- Mohammed Eusha is right, it is Rupak Taal. Did you know that who played that divine tabla? It was none other than Pt. Shanta Prasad, the legendary tabla player. This info is from Pt. Ulhas Bapat on one of his talks on AIR.
Rupak Taal it is. and played by the great man, Padma Bhushan Pandit Samta Prasadji. Among Panditji's disciples is the great composer RD Burman.
- There just bits of classical dance in this song with Waheeda Ji runnung here and there more than dancing. It is more of dumb movie dance more like kindergarten stuff. Scores of dancers do not elegance bring.Just shows the producer had money to burn and kitschy taste. Oh the music is heavenly though.
- Southereners are best at classical dance. They might one day take over
bhangra. watchout Panjabis!!!
- This was the most memorable song sequence of one of the most memorable Hindi movies with excellent acting by gorgeous and very talented Waheeda Rehman who is very well versed with Indian classical dances. Her performance was excellent in this movie and in particular this song and dance sequence and this was S.D.Burman's masterpiece number who deserved the award for the music in this movie but was given to Shankar Jaikishan for rotten music in Suraj.
- Vidya balan
- This Dance-cum Sing will ever remain fresh & offer heavenly pleasure of Indian classical dance moulded with the required situations. The Dance performed by the evergreat Vaheedaji cannot be expressed in words but just feel.This dance sequence would not have been so eternal without Lata Didi's Divinly-Spiritual mixed voice.All in all This piece will remain ever-green for me atleast--
- This melodious song of KataDidi coupled with the fantastic /amazing Dance with dazalling
- very nice!!!
- Arre I didnt know Waheeda Rehman was from the south of India ! What a pleasant surprise !
So the list grows - Hemamalini, Rekha, Rajshree, Vijayantimala, Meenakshi Seshadri, Sri Devi, Aishwarya Rai & Waheeda Rehman..... I'm sure there are more i'm missing here !
- Rupak taal... Such a fantastic taal this... I wonder when the West will learn about it... :)
- Tamils come from various shapes, colors and sizes. Here is one such beauty from our state.
- @duyus rightly said, no one follows us; Waheeda ji mentioned in of the recent launch of her fav videos..that these days its always an item...in her days there was a deep and rich meaning behind every song they made......look at the effort OMG they put in..
- @duyus veru true mate, i am pleased that people are still there to appreciate these legends...someone rightly said....they should interview Waheeda Ji before its too latee....a rare gem.....god bless these souls...what an outstanding effort...
- buddy bollywood is "INSPIRED" by hollywood movies (but they never take inspiration from our movies, sad na :P )
- pt samta prasad would not play such a simple tabla. his would have been a scintillating and much more energetic, complex performance
- my fav.
- although i am born in the 80's but i would love to born in this era......thank you for your efforts........beautiful....why cant we have even an inch of this in bollywood today........tired of the fake plastic item numbers and anything but acting starsss.......
- oof Goldie.(Vijay Anand) What even with naqli props . Baaki sab baad me'n.Thats quite something. SD bhi baad me'n.
- Humien bhi dar hai dost. Par tumhari tarah darad bare geet se dil nahi behlta.Bus dil mein aur dard bard jata hai. Isi liye main sunta hi nahi aise gane.Kya karein