Händel: Solomon (compleet)
163.68 min. | 4.907591
user rating | 79756 views
Vredenburg Leidsche Rijn, Utrecht - vrijdag 23 december 2011
Radio Kamer Filharmonie
Kenneth Montgomery, dirigent
Edward Caswell, koordirigent
Handel - Solomon
Solomon: Paula Murrihy, mezzosopraan
Queen / 1st Harlot: Dominique Labelle, sopraan
Queen of Sheba / 2nd Harlot: Sherezade Panthaki, sopraan
Zadok / Attendant: Thomas Cooley, tenor
Levite: Christian Immler, bas
- it's my favorite part... my husband give my wedding ring before that he plays thiz part for me.... sorry i'm speak spanish.... Mi parte favorita es esta y al saber mi esposo esto me dio mi anillo de bodas antes de tocarla para mi junto con mi maestro de oboe... Albrecht Mayer toca estupendamente esta parte.
- you obviously have never had the pleasue of Atalanta
- wonderfull !
- 01:47:30 :)
- 01:01:08 Beautiful
- 07:15 is very great!
- Oratorio Salomon es grandioso!
- I thought Messiah was his best work and this performance of Solomon is really good, but having seen Opera North's rendition of his oratorio Joshua last night in Leeds I was enthralled - it was a truly superb interpretation and I hope they have made a recording of it,
- Handel himself didn't think this was his greatest oratorio. He gave that distinction to "Theodora." But every time one listens to Handel, one thinks it just can't get any better. But it always does. Beethoven said that Handel was the greatest composer who ever lived. He may have been right.
- Também concordo!
Especialmente os clarinetes e os "passeios" que as cordas friccionadas fazem. Você percebe o ritmo da viagem da rainha Sheba.
- Love this. Has to be Handel's best oratorio!
- Ah mooi 2 uur 45 minuten, hoef ik voorlopig niet verder te zoeken.
- Handel's greatest piece!
- Paula Murrihy and Dominique Labelle are my heroes, I just felt in love with there voices!
- No it has to do with the fact that the ladies do have thee leading parts!
- The bass is a levite/messenger, the lady in tails with the black bowtie is Solomon, and the later arrived lady is the queen of sheba, the ladies in the dresses are also the harlots.
- @ Barbara
Hello Barbara! Thank you SO much for answering, it´s very kind of you.
My question was rather, ¿who is who in the "cast", I mean, who is Salomon, who the Queen?
I´d guess the man with the beard is Salomon, and the middle (taller) woman to be the Queen?
Yet I may be mistaken?
Would you happen to know?
Thank you profoundly!
- QUESTION FOR ALL
Why is it that at the start there´s only the 2 females and then the 2 men arrive?
Is this some form of antique gender protocol??
- To Juan Andres Ferrero, I can help with one: the soprano in gray is Sherezade Panthaki.
- Für heutige Begriffe ein sehr großer Chor. Sehr schön, vielleicht ist zu "händelig".
- Una maravilla de obra musical. Perfecta dirección.
- Solomon is a wonderful piece of music. People who like this should also listen to Ariodante by Händel. One of the first Opera's that I heard and it is still my favourite.
- 'Shake the dome' (at 2.02.50) is my favourite choir