Ice Cube - Check Yo Self (UnCut)
5.47 min. | 4.936558
user rating | 7987657 views
See Music Videos http://www.bvmtv.com/ that you CAN'T See on You Tube! even some X RATED music videos! +Live Chat and Embed video codes.
"Check Yo Self" is the second hit single from Ice Cube's third solo album Predator. It was released in July 1993 and features New York rappers Das EFX. It topped both the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop and Rap charts while also reaching number 20 on the Hot 100 chart. The song retains two main versions, the original and a remix which utilizes the same beat as Grandmaster Flash's "The Message," titled "Check Yo Self (The Message Remix)".
The song is featured on Ice Cube's Bootlegs & B-Sides album and was later released on his Greatest Hits album. The clean version of "Check Yo Self (The Message Remix)" can be found within the popular videogame Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, playing on the West Coast Hip hop radio station Radio Los Santos and in the soundtrack of the movie Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay.
The music video for "Check Yo Self" makes use of the remix version. Similar to the video for his previous single "It Was A Good Day," most of the scenes follow and illustrate respective lyrics of the song. The video continues where "It Was A Good Day" left off, with Ice Cube's home being surrounded and invaded by the LAPD before he is handcuffed and taken under arrest, presumably for murder. Ice Cube is then brought to L.A. County jail where he spends the majority of the video experiencing the conflict described in the lyrics; such as disputes between cellmates and breaking up with his girlfriend. After six months pass, Ice Cube is able to win over the female guard watching him who helps him break out by dressing him up in a uniform. The two make their way outside to police cruiser and drive off into the night.
- What is your opinion about 80's rap?
- "That's why you get so many kids to be violent and shoot people for nothing." =))))))))))))))
- that female officer <3..this is my shit though lol
- In my opinion ice cube is the best 90s rapper
- my dad and brother look like ice cube no lie
- so is your grammar
- you terrible
- This is real hip-hop. He's sending a positive messsge to the people about how fucked up our country is nowadays. Like drugs, alcohol, STDs, HIV/AIDS, teen pregnancy, and death.
- Ice cube was the shit
- ice cube TERRIBLE
- Radio los santos
- Why in the world would you consider 90's rap good? I mean except 2Pac,all other were talking about how they fuck women,they smoke weed like crackheads,they kill people with ak's,they have a huge group of people that are capable to kill and all other bullshit.Fuck your rap game and bullshit.That's why you get so many kids to be violent and shoot people for nothing.Mindless people.
- I am a rapper that goes by "Gh0st". I just put a new song up on my channel called "Extraterrestrial" (feat. Munday)... if you have the time check it out. Peace!
- because dick in your ass is bad for you health
- My dad used to play this tape like it was going out of style. Oh, I miss these days. Ice is the best.
- True man. So this vid is just Ice taking a piss I guess.
- Fuck u mc illman ice cube is awesome
- San Andreas music <3
- Song Goes Hard
- FUCK YOU ICE CUBE sik KUNT!
- Ice cube was a dope rapper, much better than Lil Wayne his shit ain't even half good, but ice is just as much of a studio gangster as Lil Wayne is. Ice never been shot, sold dope, or been to jail homie, he took no parts in the streets when he grew up. The only person in NWA that actually ever did shit was Eazy-E and he came up with studio gangster and used it to diss both Ice Cube and Dr. Dre.
- fuck you saying? Lil' wayne is a lil' studio ganster, nuthin more.
- CHIKITY CHECK YOSELF BEFO YOU WRECK YOSELF CHIKITY CHECK YOSELF BEFO YOU WRECK YOSELF