J. S. Bach - "Jesus bleibet meine Freude" BWV 147
3.62 min. | 4.924812
user rating | 1204122 views
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750)
Chorale "Jesus, bleibet meine Freude" from the Cantata "Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben" - mov. X, BWV 147
The Cantata BWV 147 was written in Leipzig for the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and was first performed on 2 July 1723.
It was written for trumpet, two oboes, bassoon, two violins, viola, basso continuo, and a standard four-part choir of soprano, alto, tenor, and basso. It comprises ten movements.
Lyrics for mov. X:
"Jesus bleibet meine Freude,
Meines Herzens Trost und Saft,
Jesus wehret allem Leide,
Er ist meines Lebens Kraft,
Meiner Augen Lust und Sonne,
Meiner Seele Schatz und Wonne;
Darum lass ich Jesum nicht
Aus dem Herzen und Gesicht."
"Jesus will always be my joy,
My heart's comfort and essence,
Jesus is there through all suffering,
He is my life's strength,
The desire and sunshine of my eyes,
My soul's treasure and bliss;
Therefore I will never let Jesus go,
Neither from my heart nor from my face. "
- what anime are you guys talking about?
- they're not robots...
- Absolutely true and correct, you hit the bull's eye!!!
- Meraviglioso !!!!!!! Sublime !!!!!!!!
- Just to set the records straight. The catholic church has only brought dominion over the weak and killed the true Christians. It was responsible for the death of 68 million true believers through the ages. (source: Book of Martyrs)
You are completely ignorant of the true face of catholicism, a religion based on satanism. Just do some research. Nothing to do with Christianity. (I'm talking about the institution, not the believers that are being mislead)
- En lugar de tantas discusiones religiosas, deberían entender que al fin y al cabo lo que llevo a Bach a creer esta obra de arte fue el amor y la fe *.*
- Jesús sigue siendo mi alegría
consuelo y savia de mi corazón,
Jesús me defiende de toda pena,
Él es la fuerza de mi vida,
el gozo y el sol de mis ojos,
el tesoro y el prodigio de mi alma;
por eso no quiero a Jesús
fuera de mi corazón y mi vista.
- Or maybe they are luciferians trying to say they are christian to embarrass the faith. That's actually a fact
- who said that anton lavey?
- I like to listen to this and think about the miracle of the sun where 3 kids where visited by the blessed mother and told to gather people to witness it. Thousands came and saw the miracle. Look it up!
Hey atheists, one day a monkey was born with 46 chromosomes and than what? it reproduced? lol
- The pianist Dinu Lipatti played this piece as his last when his fingers or hands made playing impossible due to an ilness. listen to it if you can find it
- That's so false it is not even funny. Christianity has hindered science wherever it could. Math, Medicine and all other natural sciences have their foundations in the middle east. Christian dogma outlawed opening up cadavers - just one reason why muslim countries were far advanced in medicine. Galileo anyone? Philosophy has its roots in the pre-christian Greek culture. The church has promoted violent intolerance through the ages and is responsible for several genocides.
- Mendelsohn was born a jew and then reformed. I doubt that his musical genius kicked in only once he converted.
Your claims about the "merits" of christianity are ignorant. Christianity has promoted science? When exactly has that happened? Ever wondered what language the word "Algebra" originates in? Ever wondered why we are using arabic numbers and not the roman ones to do math?
Scientific development happened in spite of the church, not because of it!
"PhD candidate"? Why am I not impressed?
- I may not have a religion, but I listen to Bach's work everyday :)
- Or to put it another way. Please Jesus, protect me from your followers. :)
- Oh pppllleeeeeezzzzz. Dont lets us confuse religions with the original seers. We know what damage has been inflicted in the name of religion. To quote " We are all Gods trying to wake up"
- what is the name of orchestra that played this very version?
- I'm not talking specifically about Christianity but about religion as a whole. Christianity is not superior to any other religion. I have no more reason to treat Christianity seriously than Scientology or Mormonism.
- And you're calling me an idiot? You're brushing off every just and humane atheist in the world and taking a handful of dictators and attributing their character qualities to every atheist and then you claim to be an intelligent person.
Have there not been an Theist dictators in the world? Every European monarch who for over a thousand years was Catholic how many atrocities did they commit?
- About the crusades ( I teach about this in my courses), it has been falsely twisted by historical revisionists. The initial purpose for them in the 11th century, was to aid the Eastern Christians (whose emperor requested help) besieged by Islamic armies who were murdering Christians, desecrating and destroying Christian holy sites, (esp. in the Holy Land), taking over their land by force! It is right and just to help friends in need! We have been doing the same with our allies.
- Yes, they killed because at the root, they had no faith in God, a belief in a higher power, a judge, & transcendent value in human life. Atheism - can lead to dehumanizing of the persons (as biology, animal, matter, object) precisely for it sees nothing intrinsically transcendent or sacred, a higher moral law, etc. (Sadly, we see this everywhere). Such attitude can lead & HAS LEAD (history shows) to great evil: Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Hitler...to a shared contempt for human life & Christianity.
- Communist ideology is rooted in atheistic materialism & hate for religion - As history shows atheistic regimes (their official religion) - have persecuted the church & Christians ruthlessly denying their most basic human rights! Thousands of priests & religious were sent to camps, tortured, murdered for being religious! Churches destroyed! Example: Spanish Civil war - where Atheist communists initiated a mass murder campaign were thousands of priests and religious for brutally massacred!
- That's very true. The first scholars were scribes working for the church transcribing holy texts. But we cannot assume that humanity would have remained in a state of intellectual stagnation if it wasn't for the church.
But we can say that it was only as a consequence of the church that individuals of science were repeatedly persecuted upon grounds of blasphemy. You seem like an intelligent person so I'm sure you're well aware of instances of which I am referring.