John Mayer and Eric Clapton - Crossroads (ABC News)
4.07 min. | 4.8793683
user rating | 6656391 views
John Mayer and Eric Clapton, two great musicians perform a classic song.
- Nah, SRV is John's main inspiration, and Jimi was SRV's main inspiration.
- pino palladino doesn't get enough love
- Awesome music with a star and a legend !!!
Check out my original music just click me. Thx!
- John Mayer is perfect.
- Sensational rendition.......both players excellent. I hated the arrogance of John's bass player, who immaturely saw the song as a contest. Bad attitude........give Eric some gratitude for his contribution to the blues. John is a great player but Eric has been there & done it a thousand times. He has nothing to prove.
- Whoever was born on this day was just DESTINED to rock
- I watched Stevie Ray Vaughn a few times in person and when he was drunk or high or both, he didn't put on a very good concert. I also caught him on nights when he looked and played sober and it was fantastic.
- Slowhand and Slowhand Jr
- "a hint of Hendrix" ?! Are you kidding me ? Jimi is his main inspiration ;)
- Everyone is inspired by everyone. Through his playing you can also hear BB and Stevie Ray, with a hint of Hendrix.
- you should watch some older videos of clapton. Mayer is a great player, but in his prime, Clapton was amazing
- presenter clearly dosent realise that clapton was in cream!
- "harmonise" !!!
- they harmanise well
- I agree, better solo for Mayer
- I like the way Clapton nods after Mayer finished singing as if to go 'that was satisfactory
- Kick it boyz! You can see John Mayer is inspired by Clapton.
- Jesus and his father on stage together...amazing.
- you are correct even Clapton said that SRV was an open channel ,he never seem to dry up ,Stevie could never get stuck it just flowed through him ,and if anyone has ever watched and studied Stevie Ray Vaughn they would agree
- Clapton plays straight from his soul, there are a lot of guitar players out there but the blues has to come from deep inside you .Clapton has been playing many years and it shows..
- Both are great in there own right. Two very different styles, both are extreme examples of great guitar players. One can name a number of excellent guitar players, and each are in fact great based on what they play. SRV was an excellent player, as well as Hendrix, Clapton, J.Beck, Vie, Van Halen, ect.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan owns the shit out of any other strat player imho.
- Good to see Clapton give lesser mortals a chance .... Mayer needs to write better songs and learn closer control on these riffs ... Clapton has performed this song so many times he could do it while squeezing one out.