Teen Top "No More Perfume on You"
9.40 min. | 4.7378364
user rating | 325799 views
For more, go to http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/kpop-teentop-nomoreperfumeonyou
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EatYourKimchiPage
On Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/eatyourkimchi
This week we review Teen Top's "No More Perfume on You" which is the worst video we've ever reviewed for Kpop Music Mondays. It's got such a terrible message with such an awkward marketing campaign that we can say that we can't stand the video. The song's nice if you don't mind the fact that it's all about cheating on your girlfriend. WTF.
Teen Top: No More Perfume on You - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWTc4lG8lI
SHINee: Hello Hello - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skZxb5sBoiU
Thanks to B1A4 Chile for the Spanish subs! Woot!
- 1:43 my exact reaction... and after that I laughed cause the video+song is ridiculous
- who's mr. BROHOHO? lol
- THAT WAS WHAT I WAS THINKING TOO AFTER I READ THE TRANSLATION
- Love the sound of the song, but i agree not the best message!
- Lolz I use K-pop as an escape too, but like I said if I don't like the message then it kind of kills the song :X And for me I like how K-pop is more... innocent (?) then in Canadian/American music :X I never liked mainstream music because it was basically about sex, drugs and drinking whereas K-pop is about love and stuff :D Anyway I'm glad that I was able to help in some way :D and to be honest if I didn't know what the song was about I'd probably like it a lot more :P
- Well I use the song as a getaway from reality ^_^ I just really didnt like what they were saying about them not everything in life can be so perfect and innocent but thats just what I think anyways thanks for the info im not as mad as I was when I first heard this and I still like the song :p
- No matter how catchy a song is I personally can't enjoy it if it has a message I don't agree with :X That's why I always look up translations to songs before I buy them so I know what I'm listening to...
Back on topic, I don't think they're bashing the boys so much as they're trying to get across what a stupid concept idea this was. They said in the video that they're not bashing the boys and at 1:43 it clearly says "To Teen Top Management" on the bottom of the screen
- Cheating is bad I wouldnt like to be cheated on but this is just a song to enjoy, why cant they directly bash the managers instead of using the boys?
- Well the thing is they said in an interview that the underlying foundation of their website was to show people a good and healthy marriage/relationship. When this video came out and contradicted that of course they'd have a strong dislike for it. Cheating is awful and I don't think anyone truly enjoyed this concept, even Teen Top didn't seem to enjoy it. However, like I said before, if they ever do talk about American music, I still think they'll call out the BS like they did with this MV
- Yes thank you I agree I just dont like the fact that they were so harsh about it but hey thats life for yeah either way it will always be different
- I don't think it matters whether it's in Korea or "back home" (I use that term lightly because they've been living in Korea for 5 years) in Canada/America because they still won't like the fact that the singers are making a bad impression on an impressionable audience. I applaud them for that, because it's not too often you see people willing to call out the k-pop companies on their crappy concept ideas. Sure things are probably a lot worse in America but I'm sure S&M would still call out the BS
- I want a Spudgy Mocha !
- Dear, I've thought with all my heart an electromagnetic processes that they sang something like, uh, "don't wear perfume, because I like your natural body odor" or something. Talking of shock!
- thank you lmao
- you are seriously so stupid...
- what interview?
- Can you link me the interview?
- Did you know that Korea is actually a country with a very high rate of cheating? It's also illegal, you can literally go to prison for cheating
- Enough said :)
- and i never said cheating wasnt bad i just think them of all people shouldnt be criticizing them for it, had it been a koreans perspective the whole situation would have been different
- "Just because you live in the states does not mean you will live by the messages of the media" so wtf do you think koreans are going to live by the messages of the media? because of this song? and you call this promoting?
- Hallelujah a rational comment ^^
- No but they were directing their comments at the managers and the characters they portray in the music video. Not liking them anymore because they criticised your favourite band is frankly immature (dont mind if you don't like them but not liking them anymore for that reason is just...)