- Well, that depends on what the word "mean" means (Clinton isn't the only one who can pull that trick lol).
A Tree means that there are sophisticated processes which lead to the Tree's existence. These processes can be studied (Dendrology).
A Musical Piece means that there is an ordered way to place notes to create emotional reactions, either positive or negative. This can be studied (Music Theory).
The above, however, can not be studied musically. There is no rhythm, tempo, or even scale used.
- What kind of Science is concerned with the "meaning" of things? As far as I am aware, the most current models for the Universe reckon that it's pretty much meaningless. Any "meaning" there is to it is merely a projection of our human mind.
- Not really. They're weird fuckers lmao I wouldn't be surprised if they enjoyed this shit.
- It's funny when you realise that Rammstein wouldn't exist if it weren't for "this crap". Ligeti, as well as folks like Xenakis, Stockhausen and other more obscure names, stand at the very foundation of the electronic music that Rammstein took their cues from. "This crap" paved the way to Giorgio Moroder, Klaus Schulze, Kraftwerk and so on; and I may be speculation here, but I bet Rammstein finds "this crap" really cool. That's hilarious, isn't it?
- Alright. Because your comment sounded like you were defending this crap.
- Rammstein is my favourite Band and will always be. And I'm not listening to this.
Those are just some weird noises. Just like Lady Gaga etc. Also just a bunch of retarded noises.
So PLEASE, don't go around the internet saying stuff about other people that is not true.
Have a good day, sir.
- It saddens me that you listen to both Rammstein (my favorite band) and to this crap...
- We do ask what a tree means, what a fish means, etc. That is what Science is.
- This is meant to be listened to in a dim lit empty room with surround sound.
- But humans are a part of nature, and if we have knowledge and experience meaning then those things must also be a part of nature. What do you mean by "illusion"? Again, are the words you are reading now an "illusion"? They seem quite real to me, and meaning is their very essence. They are a human thing, to be sure. Humans are privileged on this planet with the experience of meaning, but being characteristically human is not the same as being apart from nature much less illusory.
- the 'meaning' is something we humans created. Nature has no knowledge, nor cares about any meaning. the meaning is artificial. It is an illusion that we choose to accept as reality. A mother 'must' know the meaning behind her sons death, because no human being can simply accept an event or consequence as simply being.
- That doesn't make sense. There's no meaning except for the meaning? Isn't that the very definition of mean?
If something is projected, communicated, or observed and I feel a meaning then I'd say it has a meaning. To say "there is no meaning" then makes no sense. It's like arguing that these words you are reading right now have no meaning because, well, it's just your subjective opinion or whatever that they do.
- there is no meaning. It just is. Whatever meaning you think there is is your subjective opinion of what you think the meaning is.
- Brilliant! Thanks so much.
- I'd opt to say rare instead of difficult or hard.
- Fascinating! Sounds like Korg MS-20
- 2:26 :D
- On the other hand, this can be enjoyed to. Depends on the context. I wouldn't put this to listen while I work (think), I don't think I would like to sit in a theater for an hour of this. But I think could perfectly fit the score of some parts of some film, for example, in which the music is complemented and complements some other ideas.
- I completely agree with you. A great painter once said. Painters often forget that a painting ultimately is decoration. I think this applies to any art form. Producing a piece that communicates in simple terms, using simple ideas, appealing to many, and at the same structurally complex is what is that is difficult. Making something like this is simple. Being hard to understand is easy. What is hard is to make great simple things. This will never have the value of a Beethoven.
- Language = Great!
- maybe you need to listen to some modern jazz before this
- Almost mario´s coin sound at 1:00!
- Music made by humans, but not necessarily for humans.
- He hasn't got the panning in the pix.