Matchstalk cats and dogs
4.18 min. | 4.8814397
user rating | 633261 views
Music video about the artist Lowry
- my sister is learning about him
- Have a great retirement Sir Alex Ferguson.Thank you for all the wonderful and memorable times you have given us! <3
- Quite amazing after all these years.
- This was number 1 on TOTP 78 week before last, now that crap Bee Gees song "Night Fever" was this week's number 1, fortunately I was only 2 back then so I was too young to bitch about crap songs being number 1 in the charts
- Such an organic and down to earth song. Great way of telling the story of Lowry, they don't make 'em like this anymore!
- This is why I record BBC4 Top Of The Pops every week, so I can discover gems like this song. They say simple songs are the best and I agree. Well done Brian & Mick for a great homage to Lowry,
- A great tune, I'm sure St Winifreds did their own version a few years later, I have it on cassette somewhere.
- love this tune!!! Thanks TOTP on BBC4 !!!
- Totally agree Yorkie!
- The world is a sadder place that songs like this just don't exist anymore. Pure magic.
- Classic, kicks the crap out of anything currently in the charts IMO.
- This was number 1 this week in 78 according to BBC 4 Top of the Pops last night.
- It came out in 1978. I remember it when I was stationed at RAF Mildenhall with the USAF and I knew I had to get a copy of it. Still makes me shed a tear or 2 when I hear it.
- When I was a boy during the 1940's my hob nailed boots woul create a shower of sparks when I scuffed them on the road ,
- Nou lowrey hangs besides the greatest of them all, and even the mona lisa takes a bow .
One of the greatest lyrics ever .
- Yeah 1978, it was on Top of the Pops on BBC4 last week.
- 1978 - it was one of my first singles too!
- a fever came 2 him a tear came 2 my eye:(:(:(
- This was one of the first records I ever bought, can't remember if it was late 70s or early 80s.
- Don't rub ya fanny on me!
- Takes me back to a simpler time ,playing in the streets with your mates with no worries or stress JUST BEING A KID.
- thats life get over it
- I'm of age to remember this from top of the pops wouldn't the Mona Lisa take a kurtce tho?!.
- I love this record so much it reminds me of my child hood days when it was on top of the pops.......