Morrowind Theme on Mountain Dulcimer
2.07 min. | 4.94914
user rating | 114906 views
This is the main theme from
"Morrowind"(Bethesda softworks), one of The Elder Scrolls series of computer games.
It's hard to imitate an orchestral piece with the dulcimer, an insrument that has only three notes, which are D, A, and DD (a "unison" of two strings tuned to the same note and played together.) The scale of frets is diatonic, not chromatic, so each octave has only 8 rather than the 12 of a chromatic scale. (note the wide spaces between certain frets.)
Fortunately, however, the Morrowind melody is pure and simple, although no less beautiful because of it, and can be played on a diatonic scale with no need for the missing semitones. Hope you all enjoy this version. (It still needs a little more practice.)
- Your musical skill has increased, you should rest and meditate on what you have learned.
- He's been there, done that... so forth.
- Your Mountain Dulcimer skill has been Mastered :)
- Your Mountain Dulcimer skill has increased. You should rest and meditate on what you have learned.
- I heard the Male Dunmer first but yeah...XD
- oooo you know, i hear 1good things about that college
- Dibella bless you.
- this made me cry :')
- Great cover of "The Call of Magic". I love how these games have inspired musicians of every instrument and genre.
- This is beautiful How can I get tabs for this? I have looked on the internet but can't find any ..I am a new dulcimer player, and would love to learn it. Thanks!
- N'WAH! - don't tell me you can read this without hearing a female dunmer yelling it at you in your mind, it's like having ptsd
- :P, I kill that many walking from Balmorra to the egg mines near by... Something messed up in my copy of morrowind..
- Can't... stop... listening...
- By the Nine, such a beautiful tune has never graced my ears! Blessings of Kyraneth upon you.
- Talos guide you.
- Your Dulcimer skill has improved. You should rest and meditate on what you have learned.
- u should upgrade ur mountain dulcimer at a blacksmith on a grinding stone with a daedric heart and upgrade it to legandary. u can find a blacksmith in whiterun
- By looking at his clothings and hand skin...I would say he is in his late 30.
- You don't WALK to Vivec...you JUMP.
- Walking from Balmorra to Vivec I've killed 3 Kagoutis, 2 Scribs, 4 Allits, 2 Mudcrabs, and 25 Cliffracers. Something is wrong here...
- Under sun and sky, outlander.. we greet you warmly..
- I can't be the only one who read it as 'Mountain Dunmer', right?
Such an N'wah...
- I used to be a barde in Skyrim, but then i listened to this and went to Morrowind.