Pearl Jam - Dock of the Bay (Murfreesboro '94)
4.15 min. | 4.9394855
user rating | 232623 views
3-26-1994 Murfreesboro, Tennesee
w/ Steve Cropper
- can't believe the ONE LEGENDARY friggin time PJ performed this, it was in my hometown and in the very same building that I graduated from college in. wonder if they'll ever play this one again.
- Co-wrote it with Otis Redding.
- Shit comment made by a shit head
- shit song, shit group
- Pearl Jam are one of the (very) few bands who pull off convincing, great sounding covers that do the originals (more than) justice. Split Enz - I Got You (Verona 2000), Pete Townshend - Let My Love Open The Door (Soldier Field), Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing (Milwaukee 95), The La's - Timeless Melody (Phoenix 2000) Buddy Holly - Everyday (Texas 2000). The list goes on and they were all great.......
- Like a lot of drummer's, he's not quite getting it. ( needs more lift, play the snare right through, hi hat too. This is what a lot of drummer's have lost in their playing since about 1973. Listen to Levon Helm sometime! Get some 'edjamacashun' )
Steve Cropper is brilliant! Eddie does a nice take on it too.
To be fair I think when Dave Abbruzzese listens to this recording now he kicks himself. On second thought, he probably still doesn't get it.
- Fuck you dislikes!!!
- I like how Steve Cropper's guitar style has changed a bit since the original recording.
This song may well be a precursor to some hard rock and metal. It's the "Blues Brothers" guitarist, btw.
It features nice chromatic runs, instructional chord inversions, and even some Chicken Pickin'. I think the weird double stop that he does during the chorus in the original is the best lick though! :)
- Ed can sings anything
- This is amazing! Eddies voice makes this classic song even better!
- best coverversion EVER !
- Very happy to see Steve Cropper is on this track. I had heard it before, but knew nothing about it. I just knew that Eddie was a big Neil Young fan and I had a terrible lingering thought that Eddie thought that Dock of the Bay was a Neil Young original (because of course, Neil covered it too). It seemed a little more probable that Eddie would be playing with Neil than Otis Redding (who I believe has been dead for all of Eddie's life). Didn't realize Cropper had writing credits to the song.
- No No No, it's not sitting on a cock cause I'm gay,WOW talk about miss heard lyrics
- Eddie keeping it real. As usual.
- Buen cover de esta banda que estuvieron hace dos dias en Lima Peru dejando buenos recuerdos.
- I couldnt have said it better myself
- This is the perfect definition of the difference between a cover and a tribute.
- Ahhh this was my first concert. My freshmen year of high school.... Awesome
- Actually Otis Redding co-wrote this song. Steve Cropper was the other co-writer. That would be the guy playing guitar here.
- He crapped up the lyrics @ 2:06 into the song..oh well..not really there style anyway. Most tunes are writen with a certain genre in mind from the onset..they usually dont sound as good when crossing highways of music styles.
- -- Check record label or sheet music. Writing credit belongs to Redding and Steve Cropper.
- I wish I was born at this concert. not in a hospital.
- Co-written by both Steve Cropper and Otis Redding, and it's Steve Cropper onstage there.
- I´m so happy for you!!! It¨s so cute...