Proclaimers : Live on Letterman 1989 - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
6.03 min. | 4.8923526
user rating | 960080 views
A live performance of I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) on David Letterman, complete wit an entertaining interview. This is before I'm Gonna Be was a hit in the US.
- Like if your watching in 2015
- every time i hear this song, i imagine the family guy episode where peter
sings with them
- I love dave, but he was rude there to those guys.
- John Carmack cloned himself and subsequently made one of my favorite songs.
- first time you hear this... OMG THIS IS SO BAD everyothertime... MAN THIS
IS THE BEST EVER SONG
- I'm in Edinburgh and I can report that the sun really is shining on Leith
- Jeez, how young do they look!
- Anyone else noticed that they rocked skinny jeans waaay before it was
- I have been to Auchtermuchty before. I spent 5 days renting a tourist home
on Upper Greens road. It is a beautiful village with beautiful and warm
people. Me and my children went to an event at the community center. The
DJ announced us as a family visiting from Portland Oregon. It was fun to
be the talk of the event and the warmth of the people and their
friendliness makes want to live there when I retire. The good news is that
the closest McDonald's is in Glenrothes so I will be OK.
- I've loved this song since I was a kid. Who knew that 2 nerds could be good
rock stars? Lol.
- I just love accents! I don't care where they're from. Being a "Colleen,"
Irish ones are one of, but not my absolute, favorite! I also happen to love
twin brothers. I was married to both brothers in a set of twins, Larry and
Gary. (Boy I'll bet there are going to be some shocked people who read
- I loved seeing this video. I can still remember falling asleep on the
couch in 1989 and waking up in the middle of the night and hearing this
song for the first time from this appearance on Letterman. I bought the
album the next day. I also recommended to a college friend of mine with
the comment "Don't play the song 'I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)' until you're in
your car and cruising down the highway". I'm so happy that a few years
later the song became a hit from being featured in "Benny and June"
- You gotta' love these guys! I mean in spite of Letterman's dickness! There
is nothing that Letterman can say that can detract from these guys!
- i love the way the house band guitarist is really getting into it, like
he;s really enjoying playing the song
- slow it down and sing it like a ballad and it becomes totally awesome. the
lyrics hit harder lol
- When he talks to Letterman in gealic is great!!!! I don't even know what
that means but sounds good!!! Love this song...really love it...
- Proclaimers : Live on Letterman 1989 - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles):
- > cool geeks with great physiques! (hey, it rhymes!)
- Letterman is an arrogant condescending ASS
- I have loved this song since the first time I heard it, which was this
night a quarter century ago. I am so glad to see them get some recognition
for this fantastically rhythmic and melodic number which gets in to my "Ear
Bug", stays for days and has for decades. "Go Proclaimers, we loved ya,
a'fore anyone else knew ya !~!"
- Uachdar Mucadaidh....Auchtermuchty (About this sound listen (help·info);
Gaelic: Uachdar Mucadaidh, "upland of the pigs/boar") is a town in Fife,
Scotland. It is beside Pitlour Hill and nine miles north of Glenrothes.
- I love how there's other people here just cuz of family guy lol....same
- I love this song