Proclaimers : Live on Letterman 1989 - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
6.03 min. | 4.8980417
user rating | 840080 views
A live performance of I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) on David Letterman, complete wit an entertaining interview. This is before I'm Gonna Be was a hit in the US.
- I've loved this song since I was a kid. Who knew that 2 nerds could be good
rock stars? Lol.
- I loved seeing this video. I can still remember falling asleep on the
couch in 1989 and waking up in the middle of the night and hearing this
song for the first time from this appearance on Letterman. I bought the
album the next day. I also recommended to a college friend of mine with
the comment "Don't play the song 'I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)' until you're in
your car and cruising down the highway". I'm so happy that a few years
later the song became a hit from being featured in "Benny and June"
- John Carmack cloned himself and subsequently made one of my favorite songs.
- I just love accents! I don't care where they're from. Being a "Colleen,"
Irish ones are one of, but not my absolute, favorite! I also happen to love
twin brothers. I was married to both brothers in a set of twins, Larry and
Gary. (Boy I'll bet there are going to be some shocked people who read
- 82 people can't even walk 5 miles ! ! !
- Like if your watching in 2015
- How I Met this song!
Thank you Marshall!!!!
- 500 hundred miles
- Number 5 for my Top 10 list of catchy songs
- they're strange looking guys, but they still kicks ass...
- I love dave, but he was rude there to those guys.
- U know someone has singing talent when they can fluently sing in another
language even though they have trouble speaking it. I know it's the accents
but I would have never guessed they weren't from the US until I saw this
- R.I.P. How I met your mother
- I love this song,my dad loved this song when he was a kid too;-)
- You gotta' love these guys! I mean in spite of Letterman's dickness! There
is nothing that Letterman can say that can detract from these guys!
- THERE SO AWESOME BTW IM IRISH
- scotland's independent national anthem.
- They should've got a longer interview here. I have a feeling they would
have if Dave could understand them better. Such badass accents though.
- Peter griffin should play the song with the proclaimers
- Love this song! Amazing bass line!
- Actually sounds better live than the recording! Why can't artists sound
good live today, i wonder? :0)
- why would people dislike this? before the crappy music that we hear today
this kind of music was actually GOOD. not songs with bad
words,innapropriate sences, and rap. it just sound terrible. i like the
music like this better than the stupid music we hear that makes us dumb (my
opinion. you dont have to fight with me)
- beam me up .... er forget it... lol
- The guy in the teal shirt has a boner
- Yes, this song was a LOT older than people thought when the movie "Benny
and Joon" came out.