Proclaimers : Live on Letterman 1989 - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
6.03 min. | 4.8972692
user rating | 809700 views
A live performance of I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) on David Letterman, complete wit an entertaining interview. This is before I'm Gonna Be was a hit in the US.
- I just love accents! I don't care where they're from. Being a "Colleen,"
Irish ones are one of, but not my absolute, favorite! I also happen to love
twin brothers. I was married to both brothers in a set of twins, Larry and
Gary. (Boy I'll bet there are going to be some shocked people who read
- I've loved this song since I was a kid. Who knew that 2 nerds could be good
rock stars? Lol.
- THERE SO AWESOME BTW IM IRISH
- I loved seeing this video. I can still remember falling asleep on the
couch in 1989 and waking up in the middle of the night and hearing this
song for the first time from this appearance on Letterman. I bought the
album the next day. I also recommended to a college friend of mine with
the comment "Don't play the song 'I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)' until you're in
your car and cruising down the highway". I'm so happy that a few years
later the song became a hit from being featured in "Benny and June"
- How I Met this song!
Thank you Marshall!!!!
- U know someone has singing talent when they can fluently sing in another
language even though they have trouble speaking it. I know it's the accents
but I would have never guessed they weren't from the US until I saw this
- I love dave, but he was rude there to those guys.
- I love this song,my dad loved this song when he was a kid too;-)
- they're strange looking guys, but they still kicks ass...
- Peter griffin should play the song with the proclaimers
- You gotta' love these guys! I mean in spite of Letterman's dickness! There
is nothing that Letterman can say that can detract from these guys!
- They should've got a longer interview here. I have a feeling they would
have if Dave could understand them better. Such badass accents though.
- Actually sounds better live than the recording! Why can't artists sound
good live today, i wonder? :0)
- How I Met Your Mother <3
- scotland's independent national anthem.
- Yes, this song was a LOT older than people thought when the movie "Benny
and Joon" came out.
- The guy in the teal shirt has a boner
- Love this song! Amazing bass line!
- That's why Britannia ruled the waves.
- Sid, step the fk back. It's not you're show.
- 76 people can't even walk 5 miles ! ! !
- i love the way the house band guitarist is really getting into it, like
he;s really enjoying playing the song
- WENT TO SCOTLAND TO BUY SOME TAPE
- wow. Letterman has been around for some time now
- The blending was perfect