Proclaimers : Live on Letterman 1989 - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
6.03 min. | 4.8960514
user rating | 776969 views
A live performance of I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) on David Letterman, complete wit an entertaining interview. This is before I'm Gonna Be was a hit in the US.
- How I Met this song!
Thank you Marshall!!!!
- I just love accents! I don't care where they're from. Being a "Colleen,"
Irish ones are one of, but not my absolute, favorite! I also happen to love
twin brothers. I was married to both brothers in a set of twins, Larry and
Gary. (Boy I'll bet there are going to be some shocked people who read
- Jeez, how young do they look!
- They stand up well live.
- Ah, back with the Proclaimers were new. And I was 5 years old. lol
- I love dave, but he was rude there to those guys.
- I've loved this song since I was a kid. Who knew that 2 nerds could be good
rock stars? Lol.
- Typical Americans, they know nothing and want to learn nothing that doesn't
happen in their little world. If he was a good host, he would have gone out
of his way or got one of his research team to find out where and what Leith
was, instead of showing typical American ignorance and thinking he was
being amusing by not knowing.
- Actually sounds better live than the recording! Why can't artists sound
good live today, i wonder? :0)
- i love the way the house band guitarist is really getting into it, like
he;s really enjoying playing the song
- Yes, this song was a LOT older than people thought when the movie "Benny
and Joon" came out.
- Lol I can't listen to this song without giggling the accent makes me laugh
my ass off
- Long live Scotland
- wow. Letterman has been around for some time now
- The guy in the teal shirt has a boner
- WENT TO SCOTLAND TO BUY SOME TAPE
- 2:04-2:13 that Letterman/Proclaimers colaberation right there
- 76 people can't even walk 5 miles ! ! !
- You have a burr? No you idiotic Yank, it's how they speak in Scotland..
- U know someone has singing talent when they can fluently sing in another
language even though they have trouble speaking it. I know it's the accents
but I would have never guessed they weren't from the US until I saw this
- first time you hear this... OMG THIS IS SO BAD everyothertime... MAN THIS
IS THE BEST EVER SONG
- see that guys long hair
- people make fun of them but these strange scottish twins staked their claim
to 90s immortality with this bizarre song
- The blending was perfect