Proclaimers : Live on Letterman 1989 - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
6.03 min. | 4.8964705
user rating | 890358 views
A live performance of I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) on David Letterman, complete wit an entertaining interview. This is before I'm Gonna Be was a hit in the US.
- Thumbs up if you're here because of the 2015 Budweiser "lost dog" Super
Bowl commercial. Distinctive writers and performers indeed.
- How I Met this song!
Thank you Marshall!!!!
- i love the way the house band guitarist is really getting into it, like
he;s really enjoying playing the song
- I love dave, but he was rude there to those guys.
- every time i hear this song, i imagine the family guy episode where peter
sings with them
- You gotta' love these guys! I mean in spite of Letterman's dickness! There
is nothing that Letterman can say that can detract from these guys!
- > cool geeks with great physiques! (hey, it rhymes!)
- Anyone else noticed that they rocked skinny jeans waaay before it was
- I loved seeing this video. I can still remember falling asleep on the
couch in 1989 and waking up in the middle of the night and hearing this
song for the first time from this appearance on Letterman. I bought the
album the next day. I also recommended to a college friend of mine with
the comment "Don't play the song 'I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)' until you're in
your car and cruising down the highway". I'm so happy that a few years
later the song became a hit from being featured in "Benny and June"
- 82 people can't even walk 5 miles ! ! !
- I have been to Auchtermuchty before. I spent 5 days renting a tourist home
on Upper Greens road. It is a beautiful village with beautiful and warm
people. Me and my children went to an event at the community center. The
DJ announced us as a family visiting from Portland Oregon. It was fun to
be the talk of the event and the warmth of the people and their
friendliness makes want to live there when I retire. The good news is that
the closest McDonald's is in Glenrothes so I will be OK.
- I've loved this song since I was a kid. Who knew that 2 nerds could be good
rock stars? Lol.
- John Carmack cloned himself and subsequently made one of my favorite songs.
- I have always loved this song.
- I have loved this song since the first time I heard it, which was this
night a quarter century ago. I am so glad to see them get some recognition
for this fantastically rhythmic and melodic number which gets in to my "Ear
Bug", stays for days and has for decades. "Go Proclaimers, we loved ya,
a'fore anyone else knew ya !~!"
- Great stuff. The band look like they're having a great time playing along,
- I just love accents! I don't care where they're from. Being a "Colleen,"
Irish ones are one of, but not my absolute, favorite! I also happen to love
twin brothers. I was married to both brothers in a set of twins, Larry and
Gary. (Boy I'll bet there are going to be some shocked people who read
- Like if your watching in 2015
- Gotta LUV a Scot! ( preferably in kilt ! )
- Does anyone know who the bassist is for this performance?
- When he was young
- Who recalls watching this in 1989 I do My son knew who these guys were
since birth yes born 1989 duh people......Love these guys
- They killed it!
- Alba gu brath. Being identical twins helps with harmony, a lot. Great
- Such sexy accents. :)