Proclaimers : Live on Letterman 1989 - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
6.03 min. | 4.9131947
user rating | 308991 views
A live performance of I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) on David Letterman, complete wit an entertaining interview. This is before I'm Gonna Be was a hit in the US.
- Great Scottish Anthem, never seen Letterman's backing band get into something like they do on this!! Dont listen, you wont get it out of your head! Brilliant still
- Gaun yersel boys!
- Craig and Charlie are money- still! Also it's interesting to see them playing with the 4 guys who continue to make up the core of the CBS Orchestra 25 years later.
- I didn't know Buddy Holly was still alive...and had a brother....with awesome Gaelic accents!
- Yeah, but that's wasted on Letterman. He is an assclown.
- I've always liked "Scotland The Brave" but I'll now take I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) as the best Scottish Anthem. Maybe the best Anthem anywhere.
- gee letterman is young
- Gooood So Gooooood! 1 song in a milion!
- Love that strong, thick Scottish accent.
- Scottish not irish!!!!!!1
- There are some quality timeless pop songs coming out today also. Just hard to find them amongst the mass of gimmicky stuff.
- This song is so good. wow.
- Being hipster before it was cool
- There are terrible popular songs in the era when this song's released too.
The thing is, we only hear good songs coming from the olden times because bad, cheap pop songs are forgotten with time.
Good songs like this, however, have stood the test of time. That's why you shouldn't compare songs like this to "pop songs nowadays."
- Saw them live this past Tuesday. They hardly sound any different in their older age.
- how many century ago was this? david letter looks young
- i love this song
i love this Band
thets the best songe of this world
- Letterman comes across as a total cunt......... working class lads from Edinburgh, probably the nicest, most genuine , down to earth lads he will ever meet