Russian Orthodox Choir, Sacred Russian singing Chesnokov's "Gabriel Appeared" Eternal Counsel
3.90 min. | 4.9438305
user rating | 763268 views
This choir is from Moscow.
They were recorded while they were touring through the Europe.
They defiantly are the great bunch with beautiful voices but it looks like this group gathered just for the tour. Nobody saw or heard of them after.
I tried to find them and invite for the tour to US but unsuccessfully.
Chesnokov's "Gabriel Appeared"
Soloist: Chernegov-Nomerov Egor (choral dir.)Чернегов-Номеров Егор Глебович
Info from Moscow P.I. Tchaikovsky Music Conservatory
- Just can't get enough, listening again and again ... and of course
searching for more. Beautiful music ... and language too. Спасибо
- Such a beautiful humble nature.
- Fantastic! Thank you..:)
- validates the human mystery.
- This ancient stikhera is sung at the Annunciation Vespers and is based on
the words spoken by Archangel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary:
“Revealing to thee the counsel before all ages, Gabriel came and stood
before thee, O Virgin; and greeting thee, he proclaimed:
Rejoice, thou earth that has not been sown;
Rejoice, thou burning bush that remains unconsumed;
Rejoice, thou unsearchable depths;
Rejoice, thou bridge that leads to heaven and ladder raised on high that
Jacob saw; Rejoice, thou vessel of divine manna;
Rejoice, thou deliverance from the curse,
Rejoice, thou restoration of Adam,
The Lord is with Thee.”
- Thank you for the great music! Fabulous!
- This is truly the way music must be performed. No commercial and studio
shits, just great human voices. Good job boys.
- his name georg chernegov-nomerov he studied in moscow state conservatory
- Marvelous. Russian Orthodox music moves me like no other.
- Huge voice for a sweet song
- The orthodox liturgy is in a league of its own.
Sure the western churches have beautiful music, but there is a quality
about the Eastern Orthodox ( Russian , Bulgarian ) music that is so
profoundly moving. I would love to know if this group has made any
- AMAZING !!thank you.............
- BEAUTIFUL RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHOIR
- The Christ Consciousness.
- Who's the solist? He has an amazing voice.
- Orthodoxy provides an atrium to heaven, . I can believe the angelic choirs
sing in Slavonic. Such awe and respect.
- Our dear Igor here shines with grace and gifts from the Lord - and in
praises to the Holy Virgin our Mother and His! May God keep this dear
talented singer in Christ in the heart of His Holy Orthodox Faith!
- "Rejoice! Most highly-favored one" is indeed the beginning of the angel
Gabriel's announcement to Mary that she will bear Jesus the Savior, but, as
Christians can understand, the astounding import of that fact for all
generations of the human race induces more awe than jubilation, at least at
first. Thus, the composer and these singers admirably convey the awe of the
Annunciation in a composition and performance of matchless beauty.
- Очень хороший хорик. Солист прекрасен.
- Spieler,поверь мне,здесь ты не в своей тарелке:)
- Haha i think you're a bass or baritone MiReLaNi you probably can sing this
piece :) its cool btw to be a bassbaritone though hehe
- Beautifull choir and a subliem solist.