San Francisco - Scott McKenzie
3.50 min. | 4.941606
user rating | 11315582 views
"San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)" is a song, written by John Phillips of The Mamas & the Papas, and sung by Scott McKenzie. It was written and released in June 1967 to promote the Monterey Pop Festival.
McKenzie's song became an instant hit. The lyrics tell the listeners, "If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair". Due to the difference between the lyrics and the actual title, the title is often quoted as "San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair)". "San Francisco" reached number four on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States, and was number one in the United Kingdom and most of Europe. The single is purported to have sold over 5 million copies worldwide. The song is credited with bringing thousands of young people to San Francisco, California during the late 1960s.
In Central Europe, young people adopted "San Francisco" as an anthem for freedom, and it was widely played during Czechoslovakia's 1968 Prague Spring uprising against Soviet rule.
The song has been featured in several films, including Frantic, The Rock and Forrest Gump (Wikipedia).
- Eletem legszebb pillanata volt SAN FRANCISCO.....X-MAS-ZEIT....
- como é bom curti essas musicas dos anos 70
- what would you do if you lost your sole? would you go looking for it?or wait untill it found you?
- LOVE this song.
- Legend 3
- I would have lived this time.
- ☮ Peace Brother/Sister!! ॐ
- Jedesmal, wenn ich dieses Lied höre, bekomme ich Gänsehaut.
- Beautiful song, I will listen to these oldies my whole life.
- yes yes. i really got shocked when i receive my ipad3 without paying a dime @ my home yesterday. and i can tell u , email and your address is enough to get your iphone 5. if you wanna try just try now --> bit.ly/120FDA4?=cozwh
- looks a bit like Earl Strickland
- go to were it makes you happy. for thats were you belong.
- nice music
- Peace! Make Love, Not War, Hippies Forever!
- Je faisais mon service militaire a Toulouse et nous écoutions cette musique sur nos transistor au maximum dans la piôle le soir , belle époque , belle chanson , mais ou est tu caserne Cafarelli , sous les décombres , envolés les souvenirs de bidasse, mais Toulouse est toujours belle dans mon coeur .
- hippies FOREVER
- Was there 'bout five years ago, me and the missus.
Backpacked around, saw all the 'stuff'.
Having heard Scott as a teenager, it was nice to see what he was singing about,. Look past the touristy stuff, engage and speak to the locals, without any pre-consceptions, nice people.
Thank you Scott, and everyone else.
- For a living body-planet :
- Stop reproduce us (human overpopulation).
- Produce-consume less-better (useful, healthy-organic, recycled paper...).
- Have-keep land-field to preserve-reforest the earth, save the biodiversity, produce healthy-green food-energy.
- I'm sure you have plenty of experience is that type of hole then?
- Song of the end of civilized society.
- San frisco is a shit hole
- Wear flowers in any countries in Europe.
- No that was the guy from the Mammas and the Pappas
- doh, now I want to San Francisco. But I live in Europe(