Soggy Bottom Boys - I'm A Man Of Constant Sorrow
3.18 min. | 4.951395
user rating | 12862027 views
I am the man of constant sorrow
I've seen trouble all my days
I bid farewell to ol' Kentucky
The place where I was born and raised.
The place where he was born and raised
For six long years I've been in trouble,
no pleasure here on earth I've found
For in this world, I'm bound to ramble,
I have no friends to help me now.
He has no friends to help him now
It's fair thee well, my old true lover,
I never expect to see you again.
For I'm bound to ride that Northern Railroad,
perhaps I'll die upon this train
Perhaps he'll die upon this train
You can bury me in some deep valley,
For many years where I may lay.
And you may learn to love another
while I am sleeping in my grave.
While he is sleeping in his grave
Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger
My face you never will see no more
But there is one promise that is given,
I'll meet you on Gods golden shore
He'll meet you on God's golden shore
- Bag of hammers.
- While some Appalachian traditions are derived from old scottish ballads its impossible to deny that african traditions definitely had a huge influence on all american music.
- Actually, most Appalachian music is derived from European ballads from the middle ages. You're confusing mountain music with jazz and blues.
- the song the song haters
- i like this song im from arkanss
- love this movie
- no matter the genre you can best believe they stole from so poor Black man who sold for sandwich. Like most music.
- southern rock/blues and alot of bluegrass
- this is heavily influenced by bluegrass
- you know, his character just made the song to appeal to what he saw as the lowest common denominator in the movie. and he was right.
- Well the Genre is somewhat Old Fashion Country and the Time period is around 1930'ish
- What Genre of music and time period would this be? i want to here more like this! :) And we just watched this movie in english...first movie i have EVER watched in school that i really enjoyed lol.
- golpher everett?
- I like the Joan Bæz verision of this one
- some people live for the struggle.
- I DONT WANT YOUR DAMN FOP
- Everett: Hold on, now. I don't want this pomade. I want Dapper Dan.
Clerk: I don't carry Dapper Dan. I carry Fop.
Everett: Well, I don't want Fop, I'm a Dapper Dan man.
Clerk: You watch your language, young fella. This is a public market. If you want Dapper Dan, I can order it for you, have it in about two weeks.
Everett: Well ain't this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere! Forget it! [slams money on the counter] I'll have a dozen hair nets.
- Is you is, or is you ain't, my constichency?
Oh, George. Not the livestock!
I am the pater familias.
- well this is pure awsome.....
- as far as I know they just existed for the movie but I really don't know for sure.maybe look them up on Wikipedia
- maybe but how you know it did he shag you ?
- don't feed the trolls sir
- Allison Krauss couldn't ask for a better band . Rock on guys. Hope to see you at the Americana Awards.
- watch your language young fellerxD