South Carolina Cockfighting Bust
4.22 min. | 2.4693878
user rating | 666718 views
The Humane Society of the United States' Animal Fighting and Cruelty campaign assisted Greenville County Sheriff's Department on what is perhaps the largest operational cockfighting pit in that state.
- Animals still have feelings :/ whether it's roosters chickens or even bugs
- That must be painful
- What's the difference between history "fighting roosters" and the people in
the cage fighting on tv
- You guys are idiots people don't make roosters fight, they pretty much do
it on their own, it's instinct. They fight all the time in wild. And if you
ask me the living conditions of fighting roosters are a lot better than
the ones in a farm, they also tend to live longer, I would know cause I
have raised my own.
- omg you guys are crazy what do u think when ur fat ass if eating chicken
- People eat chickens every day and y'all say we force them to fight
- Long. Live cock fighting ! All the way from south Texas!
- They tried to make the roosters look sad lol those birds were ready to go
- Police should focus on real crimes like drug traficking.child molesters do
something real.you are goin to kill them to or aru gonna take them home and
take care of theme
- humane society dont know about caring animals, they kill them
- The University of South Carolina's mascot is the fighting gamecock.
- Fine rooster were born to fight even if you dont want them to fight they
will still fighting.and what the police is going to do with them they are
goin to kill them.
- I'm with you Jay Bird
- The Humane Society is full of Bull when it comes to cockfighting. If you
want to see cruilty go to where they raise chickens for food consumption.
- Gamefowl Fighting doesnt meet the statutory definition of animal cruelty
relative to other activities,arguably more egregious,that r currently
protected by the law.The Humanr Slaughter Act of 1958 specifically excludes
poultry from humane slaughter requirements
- It's what there breed to do and have been for more that 3,000 year. There
not trained to do that!
- What about the chicken that we buy in the market, they only live up to 45
days or less, while these rooster can live up to five years with love and
care. Ship these birds to the Philippines can sell them from $200.00 to
- 1st,cruelty assertions r completely unfounded.Cockfighting has been
stereotyped as an inhumane bloodsport amounting to animal cruelty.Nothing
could b further from the truth.Gamefowl cannot b forced or trained to
fight.They r genetically predisposed to fight.We r not discussing dogs.It
is perfectly legal to feed a baby chick to a snake and film the carnage.
- Animals are property. They do not have rights in the way humans have
rights. They only have protections that humans afford them. Even though I
am squeamish watching this stuff, I see no reason why roosters deserve any
special protections. This is a great example of government making
criminals out of people who are not harming anyone else.
- Game cocks are bred to fight
- The real tragedy here is so much wasted police resource on a handful of
CHICKENS!. What a joke.
- The hsus deosnt care for these rooster.they put them down. If eny state
would legalize cockfighting they would make millions of tax money that is
needed for a lot of things
- I wish YouTube would let me reply to some of the stupidity that
@kingoftheleprechauns is putting on some of the comments
- "As long as the
Almighty has permitted
intelligent men, created
in his likeness to fight in
public and kill each
other while the world
looks on approvingly, it's
not for me to deprive
the chickens of the same
- Any cocker knows that there is nothing cruel about it. Those birds get
cared for better than most humans. And anyone opposed to the use of gaffs
and knives have never seen a naked heel fight. Naked Heel fights using the
birds natural spurs are brutal- The birds will be so mutilated, and beaten
that by the time the fight is over you will want to just kill your bird out
of a sense of mercy. Artificial spurs keep the birds suffering to a
minimum while the birds do what they naturally do- fight.