Stephen Hawking: Questioning the universe
10.22 min. | 4.735007
user rating | 4513102 views
http://www.ted.com Professor Stephen Hawking asks some big questions about our universe -- How did the universe begin? How did life begin? Are we alone? -- and discusses how we might go about answering them.
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on TED.com, at http://www.ted.com/translate.
Follow us on Twitter
Checkout our Facebook page for TED exclusives
- if steven hockings so smart why can eh not wock?
- This Guy is a Joke. No way.....
- Stephen Hawkings is nasty....
- I thought I was looking at a still image for the first few seconds...
- How does he eat and how does he go to the bathroom??
- Stephen Hawking is being controlled by his computer, for all we know, he is
some Downie whom his evil computer took advantage of. #RobotInvasion
- Push me, and then just touch me, till I can get my, satisfaction.
- 6:56 one hundred years. Thats it?
- I don't care what you guys say but if Stephen Hawkins was so smart, he
would believe that God created the universe.
- is this dude bill gate s dad
- Not to insult Hawking, but who would listen to him when he is in the state
he is. Half of what he says is restating things he already has said. Just
does not make sense to me to listen to a word he says.
- I feel really bad for him being paralyzed, but how did he have children?
Did he adopt them or what?
- they could've prepared a video with what he said ...
- the Big Bang is not real god made the earth
- This dude has the disease the ice bucket challenge is about.
- wait a min. he's paralyzed but he's able to use the device for
- I love his sense of humor!
- I think he is fake.. i mean someone is using him or there is something
weird about him.. or correct me if im wrong
- Using Time calculations in any answer would be an error most likely due to
the fact that the assumed time would be different at every point in the
universe,due to the fact that the points of being would exist at different
Times,depending on the location of the point of being ;thinking Galaxy to
Galaxy distances here.
- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth Genesis 1:1
There's your answer
- 1K thumbs down... for what?
- It's remarkable how little we actually know.
- I wonder what scientific explanation he has for a terminal cancer the just
disapears out of nothing a day after praying???
- anyone here just because they saw the movie trailer?
- We look for radio waves because that's what we use to communicate.
What if a more advanced being, has discovered a better way of
communication, which we currently aren't looking for.
I do find it intriguing that a far away planet, would be able to answer so
many of our questions about the past (6,001 lightyears would do the
trick...). Please aliens ruin religion!