Stephen Hawking: Questioning the universe
10.22 min. | 4.735481
user rating | 4617975 views
http://www.ted.com Professor Stephen Hawking asks some big questions about our universe -- How did the universe begin? How did life begin? Are we alone? -- and discusses how we might go about answering them.
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on TED.com, at http://www.ted.com/translate.
Follow us on Twitter
Checkout our Facebook page for TED exclusives
- if steven hockings so smart why can eh not wock?
- please where to download stephen hawking's software?
- Amazing how his "computer voice" produces intonations...........
- Are you ready to face the truth of life?
*Click "The Present" on TruthContest◙com*
- It saddens me every time I watch a amazing video about science and learning
and expanding the human mind, but then look at the comments and see a swarm
of mindless religious trolls ( most of the time christian) saying hard
proven facts aren't true. Why? It unrelated, unneeded, unwanted.
- This Guy is a Joke. No way.....
- Dear other theists,
I know we believe in god but, calling what we believe "right" is a bit
close minded. Anything is possible.
- The Genesis Effect" We are not alone in the Universe.
Quantum entanglement spooky action at a distance explained with what I call
"The Genesis Effect" of anti-matter energy. The answer to how particles can
be in two places at one time communicating with each other are in the
understanding of anti-matter energy and a multi-dimensional universe within
a universe. When we separate an atom it moves to another dimension however,
as soon as we attempt to look at it, it seems to disappear. The reason is,
that you have to be in the other anti-matter universe to be able to see it.
Particles of matter and anti-matter spin opposite of each other, what we do
in our universe affects the anti-matter universe. And what the anti-matter
universe does in its universe affects our universe. The Universe uses the
same force of anti-matter for all information to travel through a black
hole without the fundamental laws of physics being destroyed. I call this
the "Genesis Effect". So if atoms can be in two universe's at the same
time, then so are you. The atoms of the Universe are alive with
intelligence in another dimension. You will never look in the mirror the
same again grin.
A universe within a universe where man and all matter are regenerated over
and over again, each universe a clone image with the exact fundamental laws
of physics. Black holes 'big bangs' are just the latest in an infinite
number of cycles going back into the past and into the future. It seems
that time may just be a 'frigment' of our imagination grin. Gravitational
waves, ripples in space-time suggest that the universe did indeed expand
many times faster than the speed of light in the first few instants after
the Big Bang. "cosmic inflation - external inflation theory- accelerated by
- I pity him, despite his inteligence and fame he deny God who gave him
everything, I pray that his soul can still be save before it's too late
- I thought I was looking at a still image for the first few seconds...
- Stephen Hawking is being controlled by his computer, for all we know, he is
some Downie whom his evil computer took advantage of. #RobotInvasion
- How does he eat and how does he go to the bathroom??
- I don't care what you guys say but if Stephen Hawkins was so smart, he
would believe that God created the universe.
- It seems like all the US stupidity has been concentrated in these comments.
- "There is nothing bigger or older than the universe." God that's a
- This pathology of a man represents just a mascot of science. Let's simplify
this thing. Universe was created from unconscious "for it self". It is not
time, existence or non existence, so anything can come out from "it".
- He is obviously not smart no offense but God does exist and God create all
things he is the beginning and end the alfa and de omega. He gives life.
obviously what we see has a creator and it's God wether you accepted it or
- anyone here just because they saw the movie trailer?
- God is the creator of all.
- 6:56 one hundred years. Thats it?
- Push me, and then just touch me, till I can get my, satisfaction.
- No scientist does not belive in God because it would embarrass science !!
GOD exist and point.
- If God did not exist, his infinite universe theory would be invalidated?
I'm not a believer just being a Devil's Advocate. Since anything is
possible in a certain universe wouldn't God exist far away? And then
wouldn't that mean God has the power to travel through universes?
- People compare him to Isaac newton and albert einstein
- good lecture by hawking. however, i just have one disagreement with what he
said (very small, really). if we want to ensure long-term survival for our
species, we shouldn't be going outside of our planet. we should be
searching our own minds for ways to become more moral and understand.
science and the technological advancements due to it go by leaps and
bounds... but it seems our morality doesn't advance that far and that fast.
our morality isn't catching up with the issues that our knowledge brings
us. if we were to go out there with low standards of morality, we're still
not escaping from the one true enemy: us. Until we fix our rate of
advancement of our morality, we should not go out there into space.