Stephen Hawking: Questioning the universe
10.22 min. | 4.7389746
user rating | 3999742 views
http://www.ted.com Professor Stephen Hawking asks some big questions about our universe -- How did the universe begin? How did life begin? Are we alone? -- and discusses how we might go about answering them.
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on TED.com, at http://www.ted.com/translate.
Follow us on Twitter
Checkout our Facebook page for TED exclusives
- subtitles would have been nice
- ill school him anywhere
from M.I.T to Oxford
- what would happen if someone turned his life support off, then wait for 5
minutes, and reboot him. That'd be so freaking hilarious, my guess is he
will start running around on his hands and feet, crawl to each person in
the audience and literally get those loyalty monies. God bless his
- Whats wrong with his voice?
I can't freakin tell
He sounds like WALL-E
Having sex with the speak n spell
- my native language isn't english, so I have a hard time trying to
- I’m reading some of the comments, and it baffles me how people can still go
on about GOD when there has been hours of extensive research, knowledge,
and evaluation (not to mention PROOF) put into science. Here is a man who
has spent his whole life researching this stuff you call “crap” and coming
up with new answers and discoveries everyday! (Who is like what? 100000X
smarter than all of us?) People who believe in GOD got the tale from a big
fat book that has probably been altered and changed to make it as dramatic
and heart wrenching as possible. Not to disrespect more than I already have
but c’mon people, the answers are right there in front of you, there is NO
GOD... Maybe an energy force or whatever (and that’s even science as well)
but no god....
- Can someone please explain to me how he is controlling the voice?
- inspiring... you know he made no excuses and neither will I :)
- And this one TOOO.
- Maybe there were other civilizations within several light years but over
billions of years were destroyed or died out of natural causes leaving the
(relative) new kids on the block to explore deep space ----if we do not
blow each other up.
- HE IS QUESTIONING THE UNIVERSE
- So boring.....Check out Richard Phillip Feynman videos ,guys!!!!
- I believe that God had a hand in creating the universe but only to a
certain extent. It seems he created the universe and science answers the
- Stephen Hawking is just so cool
- Umm that was Hawkward.
- he's voice is like ven Harry Potter cast a spell while he has a sex with
- wow okey here is my answer about the first appear of human on earth god
create Adam and eve in heaven and then Adam disobey the god so he but him
on earth and before that there were another creatures on earth but I do not
know much about them
- God or Allah is a waste of your precious time .
- it all started with a big bang! YAY
- God has won not science... Steven your dead standing before the maker of
the heavens and the universe and earth. The God of all Gods you have now
seen and he is a jealous God.. All your life you said science would win
and even if you were right and you are not..... you would be gone and
forgotton for eternity no soul no eternal life no
nothing.................. God have mercy on you
- maybe its not God or science. maybe God created science. and God created
us. and our brains. so we could figure out this science and all the
intricate beautiful details he put into this universe. just maybe.
- This pathology of a man represents just a mascot of science. Universe can
not have any cohesion with something empirical like time or space in order
to become. Universe can become only from something that is not existence or
nonexistence witch is Unconscious "for it self".