Stephen Hawking: Questioning the universe
10.22 min. | 4.734907
user rating | 4227218 views
http://www.ted.com Professor Stephen Hawking asks some big questions about our universe -- How did the universe begin? How did life begin? Are we alone? -- and discusses how we might go about answering them.
TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on TED.com, at http://www.ted.com/translate.
Follow us on Twitter
Checkout our Facebook page for TED exclusives
- Man, Robocop looks terrible. I bet they gave him a desk job after Robocop
- Not to insult Hawking, but who would listen to him when he is in the state
he is. Half of what he says is restating things he already has said. Just
does not make sense to me to listen to a word he says.
- Guy makes a lot of sense
- Why didn't he get a voice with a British accent?
- The voice of the machine for Stephen hawking is just like spodermen
- What a mind. Amazing.
- When you think about it, once you've achieved such knowledge, if he was a
dousch, he would probably think of us as the cripples, rather then himself,
as he's achieved a higher understanding of the world around him, and has
ascended in knowledge in general, lol so did albert einstein.
- I---Know---Theee---Secret----Of A----Universe (Pip Pap Pip Pop
- How does that machine work? :O Amazing guy btw..
- Carl Sagan told the same thing. We must follow these words. Save, protect,
care for environment (Mother Nature).
- Neptutron and Nathaniel god has always existed no one created him the
reason their is evil and hatred is because Adam and Eve ate the fruit off
of the tree god specifically told them not to eat off of so hopefully that
helped you but if you still think that way that's on you!
- This is bullshit. how do you explain Rosswell. There was a news paper
article that quoted the army saying that they had found a saucer. That
article was later pulled and recounted their story saying it was a weather
balloon. This has been documented. There was eye witness accounts of the
crash. Hundreds of thousands of people have come out claiming they have
been abducted or seen unexplained phenomenon that could have not originated
in this world. How do you explain thousands of people witnessing the
phoenix lights in Arizona. Are they all weirdos? I myself have seen lights
in the skies at night over my town to big and bright to be stars. Yes their
are some crazies out there no doubt about that,.but everyone of those
accounts? Bullshit Mr Hawking.
- Yup, that's a smart man, smart man...
- thats mean its not his fault his like that
- Just state the Obvious and your a fucking genius,lol
- Good luck, man.
The real Sheldon 10/avril/2014.
- (Joke) How do we know that it isn't just his computer talking? Maybe he
built the machine and it has taken control! O.o
- Wonderful man!!!
- for god sake I know the man is smart, but please don't make him sound like
a robot with today's technology!
- So brilliant yet so lost.
- Guys, guys wait! It's 2014... It would be really sad if you really believed
in any god/gods.
- Thabk yoy
- he really doesn't want to admit it but the "genetic code" is really
nothing more but the culture that we live in..Prof. Hawking doesn't want to
attack culture in a way
- He is so smart it makes me laugh. His response to the alien question is
- Hebrews 11:3 "It was with words that the worlds were formed, what is seen
was made from what is unseen".
To understand God, we must start with the question, "What is man", This is
the second most important question you and I will ever find an answer too.
And if we cannot accept the answer to this second most important question,
than the first "Who is God" becomes completely irrelevant. As human beings
we attempt to decide friendly answers to the questions that frighten us
most. We develope all of the supporting evidence that is minamumly required
to get the outcomes that we like best. Basically we are willing to lie to
ourselves, we are willing to embrace whatever story we like best at the
expence of the truth. And in the world in which we live, mankind has
decided to believe a very dangerous story, that there is no God. This is
the prerequisit for the struggles that you see now and the darkness that is
assuredly yet to come. Trey Smith
Genesis 1: 1,5 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The
earth was without form and void and darkness was over the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God
said, "Let there be light," and there was light. And God saw that the light
was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the
light day, and the darkness he called night. And there was evening and
there was morning, the first day.