Daniel Waples, street musician with unbelievable instrument!
1.30 min. | 4.973147
user rating | 7959038 views
This is the link to his homepage: http://www.hanginbalance.com/
His cool Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/hedgemonkeya
Go to my channel for more videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/Andyax/featured
I found this guy playing along "Karl Johan" street in Oslo (Norway) with an unbelievable instrument! The sound coming out from that thing was amazing. I have never seen anything like this before.
Update: Thanks for the comments that explained the instrument. It's called PANArt Hang. The guy playing this Hang is called Daniel Waples :)
- This is not unbelievable at all
I totally believe it
But in all seriousness it's just an upside-down steel drum
it's cool but not all that special
- What the bloody hell is this man doing with a dustbin lid, get your hair
cut. Bring back national service.
- So, you may have seen one of these already. The Hang (yes, that's what it's
called) is probably my favorite new instrument (it was developed in 2000).
It's basically a steel drum flipped upside down, enclosed, and played by
banging it with your fingers.
There's a good number of YouTube videos using this instrument, but this one
is nice and short and is a great example of how the instrument is played.
Also, apparently if you're white, wearing a knitted bag on your head is a
prerequisite (watch enough of the videos and you'll see what I mean).
Anyway, I ran across this video again while going down the YouTube rabbit
hole and thought I share. Enjoy.
- What kind of instrument is that
- not sure how good this is considering i haven't seen it before so no idea
of the difficulty lol. he looks so happy.
- i love his hat! and nice smile too! very nice!
- I be the keeps his weed in there :)
- wtf is this clown doing ahahahaha
- No, this guy caught a rare Musical Spaceship. Its been known to be the
Almighty Musical UFO. LOL
- You were in Norway in some of these shoots right?
- El Hang es un instrumento hecho a mano en Suiza por una pareja, que sólo
producen una cierta cantidad cada año.
- This instrument is called a Hang Drum. It's a new modern instrument hand
made in Switzerland and it costs 1500€ because they don't make many .
- Video was too short
- I know what that instrument was. One was the UFO while the other one was
the mystical hamburger available at McDonald's for 5$.
- SUPER SUPER -absolutly amazing!!! fantastic!! youre the best! wish good
luck for ya
- Every person that plays these instruments on the street have dreads. It's
- Daniel Waples - You are AWESOME!! You set a positive example by the fact
that I almost always see a smile on your face which always makes me feel
better when I see it. I really respect you. I always love to see you and
hear you! Thank you so much for what you have given to me, and I'm sure,
many others! My life is significantly enriched for hyaving your wonderful
spirit and music in my life. I'm 62 years young, but I hold you in high
esteem. What a privilege!!! :-D
- So this is the instrument you get to hear in every role-playing game. Cool
- Anyone happen to know the name of the song?
- I love musical street performers :)
- what is that epic thing called? that sounds great!
- maybe there's still an alien inside this flying saucer !
- I love his dimples as well as his music :)
- Name of the song??