Daniel Waples, street musician with unbelievable instrument!
1.30 min. | 4.9733295
user rating | 7925260 views
This is the link to his homepage: http://www.hanginbalance.com/
His cool Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/hedgemonkeya
Go to my channel for more videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/Andyax/featured
I found this guy playing along "Karl Johan" street in Oslo (Norway) with an unbelievable instrument! The sound coming out from that thing was amazing. I have never seen anything like this before.
Update: Thanks for the comments that explained the instrument. It's called PANArt Hang. The guy playing this Hang is called Daniel Waples :)
- So, you may have seen one of these already. The Hang (yes, that's what it's
called) is probably my favorite new instrument (it was developed in 2000).
It's basically a steel drum flipped upside down, enclosed, and played by
banging it with your fingers.
There's a good number of YouTube videos using this instrument, but this one
is nice and short and is a great example of how the instrument is played.
Also, apparently if you're white, wearing a knitted bag on your head is a
prerequisite (watch enough of the videos and you'll see what I mean).
Anyway, I ran across this video again while going down the YouTube rabbit
hole and thought I share. Enjoy.
- What the bloody hell is this man doing with a dustbin lid, get your hair
cut. Bring back national service.
- What kind of instrument is that
- not sure how good this is considering i haven't seen it before so no idea
of the difficulty lol. he looks so happy.
- i love his hat! and nice smile too! very nice!
- I be the keeps his weed in there :)
- wtf is this clown doing ahahahaha
- No, this guy caught a rare Musical Spaceship. Its been known to be the
Almighty Musical UFO. LOL
- This is not unbelievable at all
I totally believe it
But in all seriousness it's just an upside-down steel drum
it's cool but not all that special
- You were in Norway in some of these shoots right?
- El Hang es un instrumento hecho a mano en Suiza por una pareja, que sólo
producen una cierta cantidad cada año.
- This instrument is called a Hang Drum. It's a new modern instrument hand
made in Switzerland and it costs 1500€ because they don't make many .
- Video was too short
- I know what that instrument was. One was the UFO while the other one was
the mystical hamburger available at McDonald's for 5$.
- Anyone happen to know the name of the song?
- I love musical street performers :)
- what is that epic thing called? that sounds great!
- maybe there's still an alien inside this flying saucer !
- I love his dimples as well as his music :)
- Name of the song??
- wonderful music!
- Now, get a haircut and get a real job.
- Leave that turtle alone
- This is Space Drum..!!