"Summertime" Charlie Parker
2.82 min. | 4.9718113
user rating | 330586 views
"Summertime, " composed by George Gershwin for the 1935 opera Porgy and Bess with lyrics by DuBose Heyward and Ira Gershwin, was recorded by Charlie Parker as part of his album, Charlie Parker with Strings, on the Clef label on November 30, 1949. Considered to be one of his finest albums, it is now available on a Verve CD, Charlie Parker with Strings, The Master Takes. Personnel on the album included Mitch Miller on oboe, Ray Brown on bass, and Buddy Rich on drums. The sound recording is administered by Warner Chappell & AdShare MG for a Third Party . No copyright infringement is intended. This purpose of this upload is for viewer enjoyment and education not for monetary gain.
- On vit ; on vit infame. Eh bien? il fallut l'etre;
L'infame apres tout mange et dort.
Ici meme, en ses parcs, ou la mort nous fait paitre,
Ou la hache nous tire au sort,
Beaux poulets sont ecrits; maris, amants sont dupes;
Caquetage, intrigues de sots.
On y chante; on y joue; on y leve des jupes;
On y fait chansons et bons mots;
L'un pousse et fait bondir sur les toits, sur les vitres,
Un ballon tout gonfle de vent,
Comme sont les discours des sept cents plats belitres,
Dont Barere est le plus savant.
L'autre court ; l'autre saute; et braillent, boivent, rient
Politiques et raisonneurs;
Et sur les gonds de fer soudain les portes crient.
Des juges tigres nos seigneurs
Le pourvoyeur parait. Quelle sera la proie
Que la hache appelle aujourd'hui?
Chacun frissonne, ecoute; et chacun avec joie
Voit que ce n'est pas encore lui...
- Charlie...Charlie...Charlie. YESSSS!!!!!
- 10 people are fukking stupid and are completely ignorant
- Da mezzanotte in Crooners & Classics, Giancarlo Cattaneo e Marco De Lillis
ci racconteranno la storia dei club fumosi, di un mondo ormai lontano,
fatto di Jazz e Crooners e di canzoni come questa:
- #Music Relaxing now with the sublime Mr. Charlie Parker and his great
version of 'Summertime'
- Bird lives !
- simpy classic.
- una grande notte in jazz con la più grande versione di summertime da me
- QUE MELODÍA TAN SIMPLE, PORQUE SERA QUE NO TE CONOCÍ ANTES. LIKE LIKE
- the king!!
- Simple the best
- supper Jazz, i love Jazz, Belarus super!!!
- Parker and Dizzy,That´s it!
- Luyv the way musiyc brings people together.
- Nobody is writing songs lke this now! SAD
- Man! I sure do appreciate your comments. I was listening to jazz back when
I was 9 years old. Don't give up on today's music...there is some great
stuff out there in Hip-Hop and even Country. BTW: I recommend listening to
early Herbie Hancock; especially his Crossings album. It was so bold and
way out there, and yet, it was jazz; inspired by Miles Davis.
- Exquisite in every way.
- You're probably being too hard on yourself.
- @enoilgag1 I don't play the sax,you don't have to to know he is the best
- Bird could play some nice restrained melodic lines unlike some of his would
be lattter day imitators. Gershwin's inspiration for this was obviously
that well known 8 bar, St James Infirmary.
- i play the saxophone too and i completely agree charlie parker is the best