"Summertime" Charlie Parker
2.82 min. | 4.969605
user rating | 304286 views
"Summertime, " composed by George Gershwin for the 1935 opera Porgy and Bess with lyrics by DuBose Heyward and Ira Gershwin, was recorded by Charlie Parker as part of his album, Charlie Parker with Strings, on the Clef label on November 30, 1949. Considered to be one of his finest albums, it is now available on a Verve CD, Charlie Parker with Strings, The Master Takes. Personnel on the album included Mitch Miller on oboe, Ray Brown on bass, and Buddy Rich on drums. The sound recording is administered by Warner Chappell & AdShare MG for a Third Party . No copyright infringement is intended. This purpose of this upload is for viewer enjoyment and education not for monetary gain.
- simpy classic.
- Simple the best
- the king!!
- Check out this video on YouTube:
- Summer begins on June 21, 2013 at 1:04 EDT! Enjoy the start of summer with
"Summertime" by Charlie Parker.
- good night bluenoters and roll on. JP
- Happy birthday, Charlie Parker.
- Charlie PARKER1
- supper Jazz, i love Jazz, Belarus super!!!
- Parker and Dizzy,That´s it!
- Luyv the way musiyc brings people together.
- Nobody is writing songs lke this now! SAD
- Man! I sure do appreciate your comments. I was listening to jazz back when
I was 9 years old. Don't give up on today's music...there is some great
stuff out there in Hip-Hop and even Country. BTW: I recommend listening to
early Herbie Hancock; especially his Crossings album. It was so bold and
way out there, and yet, it was jazz; inspired by Miles Davis.
- Exquisite in every way.
- You're probably being too hard on yourself.
- @enoilgag1 I don't play the sax,you don't have to to know he is the best
- Bird could play some nice restrained melodic lines unlike some of his would
be lattter day imitators. Gershwin's inspiration for this was obviously
that well known 8 bar, St James Infirmary.
- i play the saxophone too and i completely agree charlie parker is the best
- NICE!!!!!.....I guess theres one more Charlie Parker hit I like!!!
- makes me think of a beautiful woman
- I play the saxophone. And he's the best!
- Thanks for uploading this video, I'm a huge fan of Charlie Parker's work.
On a site note, I'm selling a Selmer Reference 54 Hummingbird, Alto
Saxophone (Standard Edition) on ebay, and I thought I'd display its sale in
relevant places, as it is a collector's item dedicated to Charlie Parker
(there are only 200 in the United States). Please message me if interested
as I apparently cannot post web addresses in these comments. Thanks again
for the upload.