Terri Gibbs - Somebody's Knockin' (1981)
3.35 min. | 4.9232955
user rating | 480897 views
This was her most successful song and was controversial at the time because the subject matter of the song compared a woman's lover metaphorically to the Devil.
Terri Gibbs is blind from birth.
- When it comes to looks, he/she? is the susan boyle of the 80's!!
- GOOD SONG
- When Barry White is introducing Terri, he says that "Chad" Atkins gave her
her start in the industry, when he clearly means Chet Atkins. I realize
they come from two completely different musical genres, but he is a
professional and should know the difference. Ray Charles had some
crossover country hits even though he was primarily R&B - and I doubt
anyone ever called him "Roy".
- Blind from birth. WHAT A REVELATION. This song and it's exquisite lyrics, I
always thought were from a sighted singer. The blue eyes and blue jeans
just moved me in that duirection ! ! AMAZING ! ! Wonderful to see the
introduction with Barry White and Dionne Warwick. WOW THANKS
- "He must've tapped my telephone line" Now he's gonna tap that ass.
- devil speaks..
- I remeber her I seen her in concert what ever happened to her it was like
she had a one hit wonder too bad she was good in concert She was blind her
& Ronnie M would of made a great duet their voices would sound great
- Oh man, I haven't heard this in over 30 yrs!
- I remember Terri singing.Omg you people back in the 80's they wasnt
anything like it is now.if you was born a girl then u was a girl.same thing
with the men.YES Terri IS A WOMAN.and she can sing as well.She was not able
to see.at all.just like ronnie but she can sing.you guys needs to read up
on her then you will know this
- @bigcheese1973 You are just envious!!!
- BARRY WHITE AND DIONNE WARWICK YOU DAMN FOOLS
- With the entire song being about a man, it never even gave you a slight
clue? lol That's okay, because for a long time, I thought Geddy Lee was
female, and Stevie Ray Vaughan was black. LOL
- I remember liking this song. I had forgotten that this song is sooo old!
Damn! 1981!? I'm old too!
- Man I love this song, but I thought it was a guy singing it all this time.
- Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj have careers...
- Where do you get that?
- I AM 42 I HEAR THIS SONG IN MY UNCLE GARAGE AS HE WORKED ON CARS .I HEAR
THIS SONG WHEN I WAS 10 OR 9 . THEY PLAYED THIS SONG LIKE RUNNING WATER
- I never paid attention to a singer's looks. All I cared about was the
sound. Nowadays my wife and I enjoy concerts from the oldies but goodies
because they are rather convenient for us. Watching my artists, though, has
really never been here or there.
- One hell of a feel good song , brings back alot of memories , thank you
whoever posted it
- This is Ronnie Millsap's sister, or at least a close relative!
- If you're going to lip sync a song with a bass line, a guitar, background
vocals and a drum beat in the background, why even play the piano? You
might as well just hold the mic.
- thank you for the upload....very much appreciated
- wynton marsalis
- always loved this song. THANKS for the awesome video!
- I was working at an "Outlaw Country" music radio station when this debuted.
Monster hit for her. We'd get requests for this song it seemed like every
30 seconds. It is an awesome song.