2.93 min. | 4.5613933
user rating | 676440 views
How good do you have to be to get into heaven? This clip can be downloaded at www.worshiphousemedia.com.
This video was originally made to counter the common belief that 'being good' gets you into heaven. The Bible is clear that faith in Christ (not good works) is how we receive the gift of eternal life. However, this subject always brings up a very old and valid argument of the importance of faith vs. works. You can actually read a biblical author wrestle with the subject in the book of James.
I love what C.S. Lewis has to say about it. He said that arguing over which is more important (faith or works) is like arguing about which blade in a pair of scissors is more vital. Without both blades, the scissors do not function as scissors. You need both. And the same is true in the Christian faith. Here's a great summation from 1 John: 4-6 MSG
"If someone claims, "I know him well!" but doesn't keep his commandments, he's obviously a liar. His life doesn't match his words.5 But the one who keeps God's word is the person in whom we see God's mature love. This is the only way to be sure we're in God.6 Anyone who claims to be intimate with God ought to live the same kind of life Jesus lived."
We are not saved by living a good life, but someone who has genuinely received the grace and love of Christ should slowly but surely become more like Him.
This video was never intended to address the entire question of Biblical Salvation. It was simply meant to correct one common misconception. Hopefully, theses comments will shed light the other error, that works do not matter either.
- "And God is so perfect, no matter how good you are, he sees you as trash"
Why would God blame you for not being perfect? It's precisely what you believe God designed you to be. Apparently God doesn't care who you are or what you do, you were born worthless to him and you will DIE worthless and the only thing the character ever cares about is himself and in OT days what group of people you were born into.
How can you reject something you were never offered? It's not God you reject, it's a cult
- Awesome vid! First saw this on godtube, watched it a ton of times!
- You've purposefully adopted an aggravating habit and persist with it after being asked to stop...
I AM JUST ALL FUCKING BROKEN UP - DON'T READ MY POST IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE FORMAT - DAMN, WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT.
FOLLOW? YOU? LOOK ENGLISH MAGORETTE - I WOULD DRAW A DIAGRAM, BUT YOU ATE THE FUCKING CRAYONS.
NOW, GO AWAY TROLLETTE.
- You've purposefully adopted an aggravating habit and persist with it after being asked to stop (albeit, in perhaps not the most polite way), and then call me immature? I'm not sure how that follows.
- STUPID? AND YOU CAN'T READ CAPS - LMAO!
LOOK, TOMMY TAD TROLL, I POST ON YOUTUBE IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T READ MY POSTS - AND PLEASE DON'T MAKE STUPID IMMATURE REMARKS ABOUT MY POSTS.
- OKAY. UM. YOUR FACE IS STUPID? YEAH! TAKE THAT. I GUESS.
But seriously, you really don't need have the caps lock on like that. It makes it kind of hard to read what you wrote.
- WHAT? SAY SOMETHING MORE IMMATURE IF THAT IS POSSIBLE, PALEEEEEEEEZE.
- WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! CAN YOU SHOUT A LITTLE LOUDER PLEASE?
- • THE GOSPEL.
ALL MEN ARE BORN SPIRITUALLY SEPARATED FROM GOD, THIS BECAUSE OF THEIR DEAD SPIRIT. BUT GOD IN HIS INFINITE MERCY MADE A WAY TO SAVE HIS PEOPLE - THE GOSPEL: JESUS' DEATH, BURIAL, AND BODILY RESURRECTION. IF THE HOLY SPIRIT EVER REBIRTHS YOU (GIVES YOU FAITH TO BELIEVE THE GOSPEL WAS ACCOMPLISHED JUST FOR YOU AND QUICKENS YOUR SPIRIT) AND THIS FAITH CAUSES YOU TO DESIRE TO PLEASE GOD THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, YOU ARE SAVED.
WITHOUT SAID 'DESIRE' YOU ARE NOT SAVED.
- If you are a christian, you can do all the bad things you want and get into heaven. But you generally wouldn't do that, BECAUSE you are a christian. And God is so perfect, no matter how good you are, he sees you as trash. And that is why he died for us, (a horrible brutal death) so he can see us as perfect. He takes our place. Think about it, if you reject God, he cannot accept you. It makes PERFECT sense.
- Have you accepted Jesus' atoning sacrifice on the clause so you can be declared "good enough!?"
You will not be saved if you try to pay for even one sin or do one work for salvation.
- I love it :D
- This video is awesome. In it's own silly/humorous way, it shows the truth, happy and sad, of what's to come.
- Is that the BEST you can do? What a pathetic little twerp you are... as stupid as this ridiculous video. You go well together.
- great vid -love seeing creativity that honors God- woohoo
- to YOU
- He's a Calvinist. They pride themselves in their childish twisting of scripture to fit into one (bizarre) man's view of the world.
Wait till you see how the make the word 'ALL' not mean, you know, 'ALL'.
- Are you completely nuts? Nothing you wrote made the slightest sense.
- Interesting that people voted down the scriptures. I wonder if any Christians did without thinking why? Perhaps they should have, instead of thumbing down, ) examined the reply to which I posted for the context, and 2) explained in a reply why they found it objectionable.
- Part 2) As for your KJV comment, someone else has already adequately replied to this.
- As your comment doesn't make sense to me at all I assume you are replying to a point I didn't make (as are all those who thumbed down my comment assuming it was a reply to the video - it was not). I suggest you look at the comment that I replied to to obtain the context of my intention with the scripture quote i.e. someone said the gospel implied "just believe and then do all the bad things you want" - I showed from the scripture that the Bible does not support this.
- "only Word of God for english".
Thx. I needed a good laugh. 1 Cor 3:1-4 applies to you my carnal friend. You're also a Calvinist, also a carnal way of thinking.
KJV is a TRANSLATION of scripture, not copies of the actual scripture. That is a childish statement.
Curious if you think we should require that everyone translate the SCRIPTURES into their own language as it was spoken 800 years ago?
- ermm born.....to die? thats a - - double negative, thats like not even ever existing, Jesus is the only one to conquer death to give us new life in him, all who reject him will burn in hell when they die, so see how NOTHING that is
- no you choose nothing. you are either controlled by satan or Jesus. You have no free will. And this ever continuing ridiculous belief that since you're always saved when you're born again, doesn't mean its a license to sin,-if you're truly Jesus' you will hate sin-you have a new nature-you wont even think like that. Anything 'kind' etc. you do, you do it in your flesh, and selfishly, if you are without Jesus. Humanity is depraved. You have no morality without Jesus. God resisteth the proud.