The Most IMPORTANT Video You'll Ever See (part 1 of 8)
9.30 min. | 4.7824636
user rating | 4880357 views
4 million views for an old codger giving a lecture about arithmetic?? What's going on? You'll just have to watch to see what's so damn amazing about what he (Albert Bartlett) has to say.
I introduce this video to my students as "Perhaps the most boring video you'll ever see, and definitely the most important." But then again, after watching it most said that if you followed along with what the presenter (a professor emeritus of Physics at Univ of Colorado-Boulder) is saying, it's quite easy to pay attention, because it is so damn compelling.
Entire playlist for the lecture: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6A1FD147A45EF50D
- Every coder should have a deep comprehension of this stuff thanks to big O notation.
- I liked this as a kid: Offer a million dollars up front if someone will in return give you a penny and then double the amount every day for 31 days. Day 1 = $0.01 of course. Day 10 = $10.24 hummm. Day 20 the total is up to $10,485.76. But by day = 31, you have accumulated $21,474,836.48. Not bad for a months' time and a million up front. Numbers are pretty simple and all you need are the basics. The mind is linear and baulks at exponents realistically. Total number = [(2^n)-1]
- WonderingMind42 - you judged this professor and class correctly,
- Artificial Intelligence Is God .com
- minus 1
- A brilliant exposition! That's true.
- He missed the whole point of the lecture, huh...
- Compound interest. You deposit $100. After 1 year you have 110. After another year you get $121, not $120. The next one you have $133.10 not $130 and so on.
- Wise old men like him... don't want to rule the world. And those ruling the world, shouldn't really get so much mind share to begin with :)
- know i know how to get free wheat/rice/coffe :3
- So you don't care that the injustice goes on and on? Shame on you!
- Trying to force pop growth to stop, means gov tyranny and violence. What did we ever do to you, that you would wish that upon us?
No case has been made for pop "control." Rice on some chessboard is irrelevant. Humans are highly ADAPTABLE. The world is nowhere near full of people.
Birthing babies is just as natural and proper as breathing or the heart beating.
Human life is sacred in all its forms, even spurting semen.
Large families should be encouraged worldwide so more people can live.
- An Another government failure day, this time in Boston. Murders and maimings unprevented, despite
vast cop armies, the military, federal agencies,
drones, human and electronic spying, and a nearly unlimited budget. So government and its little helpers in the media are demanding that our civil liberties and
incomes be further diminished, because of government's total failure. And how much more money are they going to extract from the general public because of this event?
- So you are afraid that what the white race did to Native Americans will happen to whites? Please cry more tears.
- Vail is not $160 today though : /
- @NF7NF7NF7 thats because of compounded interest.
- KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!
- Intuitively, you'd have 10% per year growth to double in 10 yrs........ So why is it actiually 7%
- Well, lets not forget that solar is ALSO on an exponential trajectory. Solar has been doubling every 2 years. It's 5 minutes to midnight there too.
- Jury you're right, he is insinuating depopulation. The other day I was told that if I allowed feelings to overtake me, I would be offended by every word and acting like a spoilt child. If people have no feelings, we aren't human anymore, we are cyborgs. I personally have very strong feelings of the women and children dying in the world. And there is a solution to it, and cures diseases, but its the human race who is sabotaging humans.
- i still promote and have for a long time been against any population growth, simple math could prevent sheeple from procreation.
- so what is he recommending what Bill Gates recommends depopulation?
- The logical solution to U.S. population growth is to stop immigration.
- Here is the most important book you will ever read : go to truthcontest(.) com and read -->The Present<--
- offered my boss this math to pay my salary increase.....took him 2weeks to back out....originally said yes