- What program are you using?
- +Joyce Donahue and +Lisa Josephsdatter planted this in my head, so I
thought I would share.
- no, la cagó, mamaaaaaa
- is it ok if your 11 and like every 50s song
- HEY, THIS F-N MUSIC ROCKS!!!
- Prior to seeing the picture of The Tokens for the first time just a few
days ago on this video, I assumed the Tokens were black. Not because the
song is about a lion sleeping in Africa, but because of their sound. I
also thought the Monotones, who recorded The Book of Love, were white. Go
- I still like this song.
- Hey, you 527, What's not to love about this song?
- 526 Aliens dislike this song !!!
- Friends forever :)
- Just can't remember, is this the original group. Sounds like it but not
sure. My hearing has changed over the years......LOL
- my mom used to play and sing to this all the time when I was growing
up,what can I say I was lucky enough to grow up w/music loving parents,now
music gets me through a lot in life
- I love this version. Listen with a headset. Get the bass-dude on your left
ear. My favourite.
Apart from that...
This is a sad song. The chief "The Lion" died. May you live long in the
spirit of animals.
As far as funeral songs goes, this is the best.
- Strange...I always thought that black guys sang this song.
- All the comments on this video are so friendly and peaceful. I am only 14
and I hate new songs I love older songs :)
- The song has/is standing the test of time.
- Youth!....if I had a buck everytime I screwed up I'd be sitting on a beach
chair sipping Pina Colada's the rest of my life...Make sure ya just
love'm....if they screw-up, just love'm...when they get in trouble just
love'm...correct'm but love'm to. Semper Fi
- (Hazleton, PA, has three current lawsuits by former military personnel for
harassment, and one that was won and the town paid; the city council
doesn’t like military, calling us deadly, as if we’re animals. This is a
weird area. Look up Kids for Kash, and Packer Manor. Might be, too much
mercury in the mine water we’re forced to drink :) BTW, this is the 3rd try
to send this :)
- No, he was discharged a few years ago. His uncle, a major, now retired
worked for AI and tried to convince him to stay in. He wanted to train Bob
in that, then send him to Huachuca for more training. AZ, man, wow but I
wanna go HOME. He came back, then got in trouble.
- owen mowen owen mowen owen mowen owen moweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
- Awesome! is he still statined there?....
- Forgot to mention, my kid had Schoefield as his PDY after graduating AIT on
Ft. Sill, OK. Did 4 years, Army, and got a lot of commendations, way more
than me. Makes me happy to have helped him.
- When the song came out, I'd sit listening to the radio to hear it again.
One sister (older, evil :) would sneak her transistor in the bedroom to
wake me up out of a sound sleep. Other than that, I could sleep thru bomb
blasts and fights. An', after the Army I worked on a lot of ranches,
Arizona, Colorado, Mexico and found Lion almost as popular in Mexico as La
Bamba. Somebody even played a version of it at a powwow, song not made for
powwow drummers, I guess :) Aloha, amigo!