VIOLENT FEMMES-Blister in the Sun
2.43 min. | 4.912377
user rating | 3790646 views
The Violent Femmes were founded by Brian Ritchie (bassist), and Victor DeLorenzo (percussionist) as a rhythm section, and became a full-fledged band upon the arrival of Gordon Gano (singer/guitarist). In its early days, the band frequently played coffee houses and street corners. They were discovered (and subsequently forgotten) by James Honeyman-Scott (of The Pretenders) August 23, 1981 when the band was busking on a street corner in front of the Oriental Theatre, the Milwaukee venue that The Pretenders would be playing later that night. Chrissie Hynde invited them to play a brief acoustic set after the opening act. The band signed to Slash Records and released a self-titled album that they had recorded in July 1982. The music was an innovative combination of American folk music and indie rock, and commonly referred to as "folk-punk".
- i've got big hands. and i'm the one.
- Uhm...no. It was on their debut album in 1983....not 60's AND early 70's (which makes no fucking sense to describe a release date as a time period instead of a release year)..Gordon Gano (who wrote the song), being born in 1963, would have been around the age of ten or younger during those times you stated....NOOB
- Noob, the late 1960's and early 1970's was it!
- they are epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- FUCK CLASS FUCK CLASS!
- An ok song but never understood the exceptional love some had for this song. But NOW! The mullet explains everything!!! I was going for a similar doo in the eighties but it never blossomed and went full bore like his. I woulda been jealous back then.
- MI PERRO MUERE
- Pure awesomeness!
- Lol, you're just depressed because you're no longer young.
- you wish you where as the 70s....we all do
- Mullet ! Its a fish.
- Glorious mullet!
- He was being sarcastic
- The best American band ever
- Best Mullet EVAR.
- rock that fuckin mullet
- its about the song and the music , you are the type of pop music fan who ruins great music by expecting to Michael Jackson everywhere
- Man he looks strung out.. ..
- ohhh god cause the 80's are so much better than any of other years that humanity has ever lived :) you hipster turd music is for everyone!!!
- they're playing at coachella..can't wait to watch it livestreamed.. I am psyched!
- Gerhard Berger on the drums
- Grosse Pointe Blank sent me here.
- One of the best songs ever!!!
- Of course he's baked, you fuckhead. I'm pretty sure everyone there is.