Watership Down Violence
3.03 min. | 4.3333335
user rating | 76665 views
Was it just me that was shown this movie as a child??
- Considering I haven't been able to watch it since I was a kid, I can't comment on it as an adult with a film background. I won't lie. This film truly makes me shudder to think about. Not many films effect me that way but this one did. Maybe one day I can sit down and rewatch it and give you a better answer. But as for now, that's all I have. People ask me what's the movie that scared you most growing up and I tell them, "Watership Down."
- Alright, you say it's not for kids, but as a person with the username "filmseye", what do you think of the movie in general?
- I watched this,im a child,it didn't scare me.I didn't have nightmares about it :P
- Surprisingly, ehhh, this doesn't disturb me. I watched worse when I was young. (Blade movies, Resident Evil) And it actually shows, uhh, nature in action. Its not any different in real life. Musics good too.
- god I love this movie
- This movie shouldn't have been made. This is why dropping acid is illegal, because you see and create fucked up shit like this.
- RATED E FOR EVERYONE
- I watched this as a kid too, and I never finished it.
- holly shit not for kids my parents had no idea at the time they just though animated movie must be for kids this shit is like manga..
- I remember when I was a kid when this came out on video around 1983. In the USA it was rated G for several years until the MPAA finally got around to revising it to PG. To be honest, there's a lot of blood even for that rating. It borders on PG-13 violence.
- Kids are pussies these days!
- Yes they do... I actually had seen three bucks fighting when I used to live in the Country.. Wild ones well fight when they are corned. Also rabbits in general are territorial creatures.
- I thought it was alright.... Never saw it as a child.. I only saw how rabbits are suppose to get by in life..You be surprised on how much rabbit wild ones can fight in order to live or flight.. Only thing that did creep me out was Fiver's vision of man destroying their warren and Cowslip's Warren...Besides this movie mainly made me cry for the mostly... People must remember... Back then Cartoons and animated movies were not for kids anyways back then.
- Why is this movie on in my bedroom?
- This sorta reminds me of the movie "Big". The movie rated PG but had every single curse word in the book (Including shit, fuck, prick, and god damn), but it's not as bad as this. Glad I didn't see this as a kid. O-O
- I don't know if you every watched any of the early Doctor Who's but there was one where a guy swerved off the road to avoid a plastic man and smashed his face through the windscreen and you actually see his body with his face and the windscreen covered in blood!
U.... for everybody over 4........ :/
The rating system was weird back then.
- My Grandmother checked out this movie for me when I was a child because she thought it was a kids movie about cute little bunnies......she was wrong, so very wrong.
- This is not a kids movie it's based of a novel kind of a satire, like animal farm
- this is a KIDS MOVIE?????? WAAAAAAAAAT
- From ages 7 to 9, this was my favorite movie, yet idk why... because it gave me a weird feeling everytime I watched it.. I can't count how many times I've watched this movie. Not good for child brain development!
- It's existed since the late 70s
- Just because it's animated doesn't always mean it's for kids.
- Once you've seen a shotgun suicide... yeah, things don't really bother you as much.
- im pretty sure kids these days would be like "FUCK YEAHH WOOOOO!" when they watched this xD
- I've always loved this story. The violence shows the peril the rabbits face when they don't have a safe place to live and the bravery of the main characters to make sure they secured it in the end. Everyone else was NOT cunning NOR full of tricks :)